AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Project From Template Not Inheriting Correct Rate Source

Question asked by Owen_R on Aug 7, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 by Owen_R
We have multiple project templates and multiple rate matrices. The problem I've got is that whenever I create a project from any of the templates, the underlying rate source values in the Financial sub-page always point back to the same matrix, even when I have changed the template to use something else (or not have any rate source values set).

for example:

Template A has all rate sources pointing at Matrix 1. Create a project using Template A and the resulting project will point at Matrix 1, as expected.
Template B has all rate sources pointing at Matrix 2. Create a project using Template B and the resulting project will point at Matrix 1, when Matrix 2 is expected.
Template C has all rate sources set to null. Create a project using template B and the resulting project witll point at Matrix 1m when blanks are expected.

I've tried setting and clearing rate source defaults at the Entity level (they are usually not set) but this has no effect.

I've experienced this in 12.06 and 12.1.3. There are several KB docs about creating from templates not bringing certain things across, but nothing specific to rate/matrix sources. Has anyone come across this?

Outcomes