IDMS

• 1.  MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 15, 2013 10:26 AM
    I logon to MAPC and then enter an existing mapname. MAPC then takes some time to process my request and then abends with D004. The snap I get from OLP is as follows: ADS2 PROG:OLMPDACC ABENDED WITH CODE D004. The map I'm attempting to access here, does exist. If I go to IDD I can see the map name and its creation date. Can anyone help me? We are running IDMS Release 15.

Regards,
    Sandra Mabena
    IDMS Database Administrator

• 2.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 15, 2013 11:24 AM
    My ==> guess <== is that it is a large map and LMPDACC is taking too long to build into the necessary control blocks – try increasing your runaway interval

Ps – this happens a lot in ADSA with large application structures

Chris hoelscher
    Technology Architect | Database Infrastructure Services
    Technology Solution Services
    [Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CD13D7.1A57CAF0]
    123 East Main Street |Louisville, KY 40202
    choelscher@humana.com
    Humana.com
    (502) 476-2538 – office
    (502) 714-8615 - blackberry
    Keeping CAS and Metavance safe for all HUMANAty

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:26 AM
    To: mb.15281477.101593527@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

I logon to MAPC and then enter an existing mapname. MAPC then takes some time to process my request and then abends with D004. The snap I get from OLP is as follows: ADS2 PROG[Description: Image removed by sender. emoticon]LMPDACC ABENDED WITH CODE D004. The map I'm attempting to access here, does exist. If I go to IDD I can see the map name and its creation date. Can anyone help me? We are running IDMS Release 15.

Regards,
    Sandra Mabena
    Posted by:sandrama
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.15281477.101593527@myca-email.ca.com
    https://communities.ca.com

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
    and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,
    please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.

• 3.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 19, 2013 03:59 PM
    Just a SWAG, but it may be that your map got wacked in the Dictionary and it could be only the MAP-098 is still in the dictionary.

It’s been 13 years, so I don’t quite remember, but can you punch off the map source with the batch compiler?

Dick
    Richard Pierce
    richard.pierce@state.ma.us<mailto:richard.pierce@state.ma.us>
    Office (new) (857) 368-9898 Cell: (781) 983-0363
    www.mass.gov/massdot<http://www.mass.gov/massdot>

From: CA IDMS (IUA EIUA) Global User Community [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:26 AM
    To: mb.15281477.101593527@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

I logon to MAPC and then enter an existing mapname. MAPC then takes some time to process my request and then abends with D004. The snap I get from OLP is as follows: ADS2 PROG[@theme_images_path@/emoticons/oh_my.gif]LMPDACC ABENDED WITH CODE D004. The map I'm attempting to access here, does exist. If I go to IDD I can see the map name and its creation date. Can anyone help me? We are running IDMS Release 15.

Regards,
    Sandra Mabena
    --
    mb.15281477.101593527@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15281477.101593527@myca-email.ca.com>

• 4.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2013 02:18 AM
    This ususally indicates the map has been corrupted. See knowledge document TEC476823 which explains how to decompile the map in batch with RHDCMPUT, delete the map and then re-add it with RHDCMAP1.

• 5.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 20, 2013 12:08 PM
    It’s utility RHDCMPUT.

Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 1:20 AM
    To: mb.15281477.101611568@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

This ususally indicates the map has been corrupted. See knowledge document TEC476823 <https://comm.support.ca.com/?legacyid=TEC476823 which explains how to decompile the map in batch with RHDCMPUT, delete the map and then re-add it with RHDCMAP1.
    Posted by:Edward.Gorga
    --
    mb.15281477.101611568@myca-email.ca.com
    http://communities.ca.com

• 6.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 21, 2013 05:46 AM
    Hi there Edward,

I followed your solution but hit a snag on the step to delete a map. I attempted to delete the map in MAPC, but got the same D004 abend. When deleting the map in batch I get a message "Modify or delete of map not allowed. Map is checked out by MAPC. I really hope you can help me through this one.

• 7.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 21, 2013 07:26 AM
    Hi,

Just some thoughts and general things to check as I remember we have encountered some similar issues in the past. Off the top of my head:

-
    Is the map load module enabled ( you can check with DCMT D PROG )? If you encounter too many program checks IDMS will disable the load module. If it's disabled use DCMT V PROG to enable it.
    -
    Can you display the map with the SHOWMAP command?
    - Does LOOK PROGRAM=mapname from the Enter Next Task Code prompt work? If so, check the date/time in the loadmodule. Does it match the IDD values?
    -
    You can remove checkouts with the online task ADSM, if there are any. (You can get a list of all checkouts for all compilers with ADSK, or for a particular compiler with ADSL).
    -
    We found that doing a “DELETE CHANGES” in MAPC sometimes solves this and other odd problems with maps.
    - Can you delete the map load module directly from the dictionary using the online IDD compiler (DEL LOAD MOD mapname.)? If that works, try the solution that Edward suggests.
    - If it's "just" a problem with the load module you can perhaps copy the loadmodule from your prod- or acceptation environment back to development

As a last resort you could try this:
    -
    delete the IDD definitions and the map load module from the dictionary. If you can’t do this with MAPC you might try to achieve this with the online IDD compiler.
    -
    restore the dictionary from a backup. Make sure to use alternate filenames so you do not overwrite your existing dictionary files. I always restore both the DDLDML as well as the DDLDCLOD area so I have a matching set.
    -
    use the RHDCMPUT in local mode to extract the map definitions from this restored dictionary (use dsn overrides in the JCL).
    -
    use the output from the previous step to run RHDCMPUT in central mode and (re)store the map definitions

Best of luck, kind regards,
    Martin Wieland
    Neckermann.com

• 8.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:38 AM
    Issue QUED, find the queue record for the MAP, then delete it, you can also try ADSM and delete the map from the check in check out system, but deleting the queue should get rid of it and allow you to continue.

William M. Allen, Jr.

President/CEO

ARCH Consulting Associates, LTD.

(704) 641-0296

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:46 AM
    To: mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com

Hi there Edward,

I followed your solution but hit a snag on the step to delete a map. I attempted to delete the map in MAPC, but got the same D004 abend. When deleting the map in batch I get a message "Modify or delete of map not allowed. Map is checked out by MAPC. I really hope you can help me through this one.
    --
    https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-idms-iua-eiua-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/view_message/101621525
    mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com <mailto:mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com>

• 9.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Posted Aug 21, 2013 11:56 AM
    One of the online tasks will let you free up MAPC checkout. Again, it’s been too long to remember which.

We used to have to do that so that person B could work on it when person A left.

Dick
    Richard Pierce
    richard.pierce@state.ma.us<mailto:richard.pierce@state.ma.us>
    Office (new) (857) 368-9898 Cell: (781) 983-0363
    www.mass.gov/massdot<http://www.mass.gov/massdot>

Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:46 AM
    To: mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com

Hi there Edward,

--
    https://communities.ca.com/web/ca-idms-iua-eiua-global-user-community/message-board/-/message_boards/view_message/101621525
    mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.15281477.101621525@myca-email.ca.com>

• 10.  RE: [Application Developer Issues] MAPC Abend with D004

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 01:13 PM
    The task to use in releasing check-outs is ADSM, as noted earlier in this thread.

OPT00235 could also be used to edit or delete a checked-out map using RHDCMAP1 but you should be very careful to only turn it on temporarily for this purpose if you cannot
    get the maps checked in using MAPC and then turn it back off. If it is left on someone could possibly delete maps that are validly checked out.