DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Where to find NFA data for a specific interface in CAPC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2013 01:58 PM

After adding NFA as a data source to CAPC you may be wondering where to find NFA graphs and charts for specific interfaces.

After selecting a specific interface in CAPC, you must select either the "IP Performance" tab or the "CBQOS" tab to see the NFA graphs.

It may also be helpful in the later versions of CAPC to use the "View Supression" option to hide views from Data Sources you do not yet have added to CAPC to avoid confusion on what data you should actually be seeing.

• 2.  RE: Where to find NFA data for a specific interface in CAPC

Posted Aug 28, 2013 03:16 PM
    Does the view suppression also suppress pages that only contain views for a missing data source? It should; doesn't make any sense to show a page if all the views on the page have been suppressed. Let me know if it doesn't and I'll add it as an idea.

• 3.  RE: Where to find NFA data for a specific interface in CAPC

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2013 03:22 PM
    Yes, the view suppression will suppress links to most if not all report pages as well as tabs that you have no data in.

As soon as you turn it on, you will notice a significant decrease in the number of default reports you can select if you have only NFA installed.

• 4.  RE: Where to find NFA data for a specific interface in CAPC

Posted Aug 28, 2013 03:35 PM
    Ok, updating my idea to turn on view suppression by default.