Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

• 1.  Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 04, 2013 03:32 PM
    If you have a question and/or comment about the Clarity documentation (for example, the recent post about the V13.2 Portfolio Management User Guide), please post your item to the Technical Information/Documentation Feedback Message Board, not on this message board under CA Clarity General Discussion.

Here is a direct link to the Technical Information/Documentation Feedback Message Board (please bookmark it for future reference):

Technical Information/Documentation Feedback Message Board

The Documentation Feedback Message Board is monitored by the Clarity Technical Information Team. Someone from the Technical Information organization will review your posts and respond to you.

We look forward to your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the Clarity documentation for you.

• 2.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 04, 2013 03:47 PM
    Thank you for that.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 06, 2013 10:13 AM
      |   view attached
    So that would be among other for typos, improper formatting like missing indentation or a couple of paragraphs changing sequence in a version of a manual so that they don't make any sense any more etc.

I wish there were equally easy method to alert about similar errors in the products themselves.

Like the screenshot below of a Clarity service instance.

So if you want to make that service inactive you have to first disable some project financially.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 06, 2013 10:21 AM

another_martink wrote:

So that would be among other for typos, improper formatting like missing indentation or a couple of paragraphs changing sequence in a version of a manual so that they don't make any sense any more etc.

I wish there were equally easy method to alert about similar errors in the products themselves.

So if you want to make that service inactive you have to first disable some project financially.

Martti K.

Hi Martti, yes, what you've stated is the purpose of this forum.

That's a very good point about a method to alert about similar error in the product. Let me reach out to my team, run the idea by them, and I'll get back to you.

Thanks!

• 5.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 06, 2013 01:01 PM

another_martink wrote:

Martti K.

Martti, I followed up with my team, and the thought is that we don't want to add another category, since this message board already has quite a few and we don't want things to get diluted.

If you have feedback about things to fix in the product itself, we suggest that you add a new thread in the General Discussion Board. Maybe add something prominent in the title to indicate that it has to do with a product improvement. Maybe something like this:

Service Properties Tab [Product Improvement]

That way, more people see it since the General Discussion Board is where most people go directly.

• 6.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 07, 2013 03:46 AM
    I agree with things being already diluted.
    However, why would they need
    more people see it
    CRTL's are a well kept secret and what could the people who see it do about it. It is only product development that can do something about the if they want to.

Martti K.

• 7.  RE: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Sep 08, 2013 11:56 AM
    Hi Martti, you are correct - Product Management is the only group who can do something about it. The other people can't do anything about it - it was just the point to keep things out in the open so all community members can see the threads/conversations. That's all.

• 8.  Re: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Jul 08, 2014 04:20 PM

Here is a direct link to the Technical Information/Documentation Feedback Message Board (please bookmark it for future reference):

Technical Information/Documentation Feedback Message Board

I did as instructed. The link takes me back here.

Where is the Documentation Feedback now?

• 9.  Re: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Jul 09, 2014 10:22 AM

• 10.  Re: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Jul 09, 2014 04:33 PM

Sound like you are saying that

Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

is one of the things merged into

The Water Cooler

If that is the then I need to practice finding the old threads and creating new.

• 11.  Re: Technical Information / Documentation Feedback Message Board

Posted Jul 09, 2014 05:41 PM

Hey all,

Yes, the technical information/documentation feedback threads have been moved to The Water Cooler, as the Feedback Community no longer exists. You can find these threads by either clicking on the tag from the "Popular Tags" widget on the right column of the homepage, or by "Filter by Tag" from within the content page.

Thanks!

Melanie