Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

• 1.  Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 08:56 AM
    Hi ,

I have created a Sub object LL under the Project Object and in the LL I have created some attributes. When I open the LL sub page in any Project I am not getting New option to create entries however I was getting in My DEV but not in the PROD environment.

Please Suggest !!

Thanks !

• 2.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:06 AM
    This is just an access right problem.....your user needs the global "LL - Create" access right.

• 3.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:11 AM
    I am trying to create , and I have all global admin rights ..:(

• 4.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:16 AM

itchaitu22 wrote:

...I have all global admin rights ..:(
    "admin rights" have no bearing on whether you can create data or not; "admin rights" are to do with administrating the system, not any access to system data. However the "admin rights" will give your user the ability to grant the correct access rights over the data to users though, so just grant yourself the right like I suggested.

• 5.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:20 AM
    I checked and see that I have below rights and still I am NOT getting the NEW Button and I have granted Global access to some of the resources and even they are not able to see the NEW Button. Not sure where to fix this :(

Rights:

LL- Create Allows resource to create Lessons Learned objects. This includes the page navigation right.
    LL - Edit All Allows resource to edit all Lessons Learned objects. This includes the page navigation right.
    LL - View All Allows resource to view all Lessons Learned objects. This includes the page navigation right.
    LL - Xog Access Allows user to import and export Lessons Learned instances using the XML Open Gateway interface.

• 6.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:30 AM
    Check that you also have "edit" rights to the project instance as well (although I thought even "view" access to the project combined with the global "Create" right would allow you to do this :wacko:)

But honestly, the "LL- Create" right is the one you need.

• 7.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:44 AM
    Yes, I have Project Edit rights globally and also I have created a sample project and there also I am not getting the NEW button but what I wonder I am getting the same in the DEV..and not sure why I am not getting this in PROD..

• 8.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 09:55 AM
    Ok well I am out of ideas then (in fairness I have only said one thing really, I just keep repeating it :blink: ).

[ Some access rights - ones inherited by group membership - are only assigned when you log into the system - so if you have granted any rights recently make sure you log off/log in again to ensure your session picks them up. ]

• 9.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 10:11 AM
    Dave is correct about the access rights. However I will digress just a bit. Try republishing your subobject views (all of them). Do this on each app server in production and not via a load balancer. Log off and back on. If your subobject rights are granted to you as you indicate, the 'New' button should be there.

You do not mention how you created this subobject in Production (manually or via XOG). If all else fails just delete this subobject and rebuild it either manually or via XOG.

Some combination is going to work here. Keep us posted.
    Allen

• 10.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 10:35 AM
      |   view attached
    Just to exhaust the possibilities in the rights area you could do that in the administration going through the different options.

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 10:38 AM
    ^ I think that going into the access rights from that direction (From the Object to Resources/OBS/Groups who have rights over that object) only allows you to add in the administration rights against that object?

Going the other way (From the Resource/Group/OBS to their access rights) is the only way to grant the data-rights? :unsure:

• 12.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 10:57 AM
      |   view attached
    Correct as usual.
    Maybe the Full View subpage and the detail for a user would have been better for a screenshot for how to view the rights

Martti K.

• 13.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 11:12 AM
    Yeah that "Full View" (from the object) also only lists the "administration" access rights rather than the data-related access rights... its always been a bit irritating to me that it works that way (and that why I remember it!) - its NOT intuitive ; some access-right relationships you can see from "either end" of the relationship (usually data-data rights) and some (like the ones we are discussing data-admin) can only be seen from one-end. :mad:

(it annoyed me so much at one stage a few years back that I built a multi-parametered portlet to display access rights from either end of the relationship, but I rarely use the portlet nowadays as I can usually guess where an access-right is missing/granted wrongly)

• 14.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 13, 2013 11:58 AM
    My name is listed in the Full View and still no luck ?

• 15.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 15, 2013 03:11 AM
    The post this far suggest that you have done everyhting as expected.

To explore the options of the software not working as desired: Is there any configuration in the view from the OOTB default view configuration like default or override default, display condition or security?
    If there is restore the default view and try again.

Martti K.

• 16.  RE: Not getting NEW Button in the Sub object Page

Posted Sep 15, 2013 07:29 AM
    Now I have been educated again.
    As Dave pointed out in Access to this object only object administrator is seen.
    If I give create and edit rights to a resource either directly or through a group that resources is not on the list on any of the subpages for Access to this object based on those rights alone.

Martti K.