CA Service Management

• 1.  Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 18, 2013 01:22 AM
    Context about this case:
    •This customer has been using SD for about 10 years (they are using SDM 12.7 right now).
    •Recently they bought Service Catalog and we are in the Design stage.
    •Customer´s main purpose is to use SC as the unique interface for any kind of requests coming from their users. This means, the do not want the user to use Service Desk to record incidents.

I think we could configure SC to “jump” from the main screen (the nice one with big icons) to SD. However, I have not been able to find out the way of doing that. Do you think we could configure SC in a way that if the user clicks on one of those icons (without going to the offer), it takes him/her to SD? Same question applies for Knowledge. They do want the user to use Knowledge from SD, but going there from SC.

• 2.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 20, 2013 04:11 PM
    Hi All,

Any thoughts here for this one?

Thanks!
    Chris

mcardozorubio wrote:

Context about this case:
    •This customer has been using SD for about 10 years (they are using SDM 12.7 right now).
    •Recently they bought Service Catalog and we are in the Design stage.
    •Customer´s main purpose is to use SC as the unique interface for any kind of requests coming from their users. This means, the do not want the user to use Service Desk to record incidents.

I think we could configure SC to “jump” from the main screen (the nice one with big icons) to SD. However, I have not been able to find out the way of doing that. Do you think we could configure SC in a way that if the user clicks on one of those icons (without going to the offer), it takes him/her to SD? Same question applies for Knowledge. They do want the user to use Knowledge from SD, but going there from SC.

• 3.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 20, 2013 04:14 PM
    You can create a service that is only associated with an "Information Only Row" in a Service Option Group which simply contains a text or picture link to the SDM address. We are doing this for Frequently Asked Questions.

Let me know if you have questions.

• 4.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 23, 2013 02:10 PM
    Thanks for your answer. I had already looked at that alternative but it is not suitable because it takes 2 clicks and 2 screens to get there  
    what i want is to be able to open up sdm interface just by clicking the icon... Im eager to know the thoughts of the developers...

• 5.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 23, 2013 02:10 PM
    Thanks for your answer. I had already looked at that alternative but it is not suitable because it takes 2 clicks and 2 screens to get there  
    what i want is to be able to open up sdm interface just by clicking the icon... Im eager to know the thoughts of the developers...

• 6.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Sep 23, 2013 04:30 PM

mcardozorubio wrote:

I submitted this as a feature request a few months ago. Love the idea.

• 7.  RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Oct 02, 2013 11:00 PM
    I assume the Catalog version is 12.8.

Current System:
    Out of the box, we do not support navigating to external URL's when a Service Offering is selected (clicked) from the Request page.
    On click of the Service Offering, it is designed to show the details of the offering and then to procced to submit.

In Future:
    Good news, the use case you mentioned is considered as part of 12.9 which is the current release in progress.
    The way it is addressed - We can now design service offerings, with forms to directly create incidents in Service Desk.
    This means, you can provide the required incident details through service catalog UI and submit a request which internally creates a service desk ticket. You can track the status through Catalog itself.

Immediate Solution:
    To the problem mentioned, the way out is have a very customized .xsl modification explicitly for this need. (Not recommended though)

Suggestion:
    Please get in touch with the Product Management for the possible prospects to upgrade to 12.9.

-Developer

• 8.  Re: RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:21 AM

Hi,

when an incident is created from Service Catalog is it any recommended way how to change the category of the incident later via Service Catalog? How this works with properties in Service Desk?

Thank you,

Milan

• 9.  Re: RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Mar 19, 2015 05:03 AM

Hi milan.ziga,

I would recommend you to begin looking at the new Unified Self-Service (USS) capabilities and plan towards using this for the business users/consumers and if this isn't an option right now then think about using Open Space with your existing versions as an alternative front-end to the business users. (The SDM end-user interface isn't really business user friendly...)

However, to answer your specific question, I would normally assume that any re-categorization of incidents would be done by the SDM analysts, not by an end-user. What's the use case behind your ask for end-users to change the category?

John

• 10.  Re: RE: Access to SD from SC

Posted Mar 31, 2015 11:33 PM

Hi John,

thank you for your answer.

You right, re-categorization of incidents should be done by the SDM analysts. SDM analysts work in SDM so they can do re-categorization in SDM ticket. Service Catalog ticket remains intact. When SDM analysts do such re-categorization of incidents then the new category may require different information than the previous incident category. SDM analysts should contact the end user to ask about missing information or the end user have to log on to SDM to add the required information. Also when the end user wants to see solution progress he/she should look at his/her SDM ticket. If I understood well end user have to use two different interfaces. It can be a little bit confusing for them. I'm going to explore the new capabilities of CA SM 14.1 as you recommended me.

Thank you,

Milan