Clarity

• 1.  Grid Portlet from NSQL Query and Attributes as Link

Posted Sep 19, 2013 09:15 AM
    Hi Team

I have created Grid Portlet from a NSQL Query however all the attributes are getting printed as Text only and in the Filter I do not have browse option for the attributes. Can some one please help me enabling these so that I can get
    Attribute values getting displayed as Links and Browse option for the filter attributes.

Thank you !

Regards,
    Krishna

• 2.  RE: Grid Portlet from NSQL Query and Attributes as Link
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2013 09:27 AM
    To gets "links" to be available you need to define a link in the QUERY definition in Studio - you can then associate that link with field(s) in your PORTLET.

To get the browse lookups in the portlet filter, you need to associate your QUERY attributes with the relevant LOOKUP - they will then render as browse/pull-downs the the filter section of the portlet.

• 3.  RE: Grid Portlet from NSQL Query and Attributes as Link

Posted Sep 26, 2013 09:33 AM
    I was able to create links in portlet however want to have browse options for the fields in the Filter section and not sure how to configure as the Data type is String and display type as Text entry... also from the Query side I had only option of selecting the data type as Lookup type with static List , not getting an option to select Dynamic lookups.. :(. I am using Version/Build 12.1.1.1208 8 002 Clarity.

Please advise. As usual thanks for all your support!

• 4.  RE: Grid Portlet from NSQL Query and Attributes as Link

Posted Sep 26, 2013 10:20 AM

Dave wrote:

you need to associate your QUERY attributes with the relevant LOOKUP
    When you are in the ATTRIBUTE definition in the QUERY, it will only allow you to pick lookups that return the same data-type as your attribute. So it sounds like you do not have a dynamic lookup that returns a string data-type (only that returns numeric). You should probably change your query so that the returned attribute is the numeric value (or add another attribute and use that as the filter) then you should be able to pick your dynamic lookup.

--

You will be getting "confused" because for a filter field then you want to be using the numeric value, but you want to be displaying the text value ; you will probably end up with two attributes in your query then, one to support the filter field and one to support the displayed "list" field.