Clarity

• 1.  Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 26, 2013 04:21 AM
      |   view attached
    Hello guys,

This is regarding freezing cost plan line items(row) in v13.2. we are piloting financial plan functionality in our organization. Is it possible to freeze the time scale values in cost plan or all rows in the cost plan. Please refer attached screenshot. We tried the functionality of locking all attributes via a process but it is not working on cost plan details objects. Your let me know if someone have any solution or workaround.

Attachment(s)

docx
    abc.docx   21 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 26, 2013 11:17 AM
    what do you mean by "freeze", excel view freezing or literally making that cell/row read only?
    Can you explain more why there is a need to do this? Have you looked into using the budget plan functionality (approved cost plans)?

• 3.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 26, 2013 08:25 PM
    If you create Budget from cost plan (by submitting and approving), the budget will be your frozen cost plan. Budgets cannot be edited or deleted.

• 4.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 27, 2013 06:00 AM
    Hi,
    thanks for your comments. Freezing means to make those cells read only. I know that budget plan is read only but our requirement is that once the cost calculated in cost plan from rate matrix, it shouldn't be editable even by the person who created the cost plan. In our orgnization financial people define that rate/cost of the roles/departments.so whenever a project manager create a cost plan it should not allow them to increase/decrease the rates manually. Once we created a cost plan and approved then approved budget will be sent to our main financial system from clarity via integration. i hope now my requirement is clear.

• 5.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 27, 2013 06:12 AM
    How about removing cost plan rights, and having a job that auto populates the plans? or get a finance rep do this if they are worried?
    Ether way, I believe the PM should be responsible for the financial forecast and trusted to do so. Whether they fudge the numbers a bit, without adjusting the resource plan is a call for them to make.

You could suggest an enhancement for "auto populate only" no edit rights.

• 6.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Sep 27, 2013 06:24 AM
    Hi,

As a Clarity expert we are not authorized to tell them to change thier way of working. We have to have grant PM's cost plan edit/create rights as they will create high level cost plan manually during initial stage of the project.

Also the idea of having a enhancement is good but i don't know how soon, we can get it done from CA.

• 7.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2013 09:23 PM
    ERQ would be the way to go, currently the application doesn't offer the ability to lock a cost plan, lock selected line items or fiscal periods, or lock attributes. There is a Freeze Date you can set on the entity plan default page but that only prevents manual edit, populate will still change the data for the whole duration of the plan.

Please do submit an Idea and post the link here for us to start promoting it - if one hasn't been submitted yet.

Connie

• 8.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2

Posted Oct 14, 2013 02:45 AM
    Thanks Connie, yes i will. but It's really sad. It was mentioned that this has been fixed in v13.1. But it is not.

• 9.  RE: Freezing of cost plan items in Clarity V13.2