IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM Timezone and SQLSERVER DB Timezone

Posted Sep 26, 2013 01:50 PM
    Hi All,

Currently using Pam 4.1 and running into issue with the consistency of timezones with PAM and SQLSERVER.

So at the moment I have a very simple query to get a DATETIME field in SQLSERVER which returns "2013-09-23 15:23:40.000" in GMT. I cannot modify that field...the only modification I can make to it is after it is extracted from the DB.
    This query is connected with PAM through the "Select from Database" operator and stored in a process variable once completed.
    The process variable is used within the Send Email operator to print out the datetime in an email message. The value is printed as "Mon Sep 23 15:23:40 EDT 2013".

The value is correct in all aspect except for the "EDT" part.

I believe the problem here is either (1) PAM converts it into a SYSTEM or CONFIG timezone, which is in EDT, but did not actually converted the time into the corresponding timezone, or (2) PAM is printing out EDT when it actually means to print out GMT.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Thang

• 2.  RE: PAM Timezone and SQLSERVER DB Timezone

Posted Oct 07, 2013 05:07 PM
    Hello Community:

Any thoughts here for Thang?

Thanks!
    Mary

• 3.  Re: PAM Timezone and SQLSERVER DB Timezone

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 08:42 AM

If SQL and the Orchestrator are in different time zones you may discrepancies in Date Time and would have to programmatically ensure the correct value is being emailed out, possibly using pre or post execution code.

marking this question as "Assumed Answered" due to age