DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  JSON Plugin for CEM

Posted Oct 01, 2013 12:27 AM
    Hi,

In CEM ,I need to record few tranasactions which has application/json as the content type. The request body is like a chunk ,due to which I cannot se them when I promote or use it for transaction identification.
    Has anyone used CEM JSON Plugin? I tried it but seems like plugin is not picking up the transactions.

The version of APM is 9.1.4.

Geethu

• 2.  RE: JSON Plugin for CEM

Posted Oct 16, 2013 03:48 PM
    Hello Community:

Any assistance here for Geethu?

Thanks,
    Mary

• 3.  RE: JSON Plugin for CEM

Posted Oct 16, 2013 04:42 PM
    Hi,
    I guess you would have to add "application/json" in the Content types In CEM Recording options. I just added this content type in the acceptable field and was able to discover JSON transactions.. Not sure if that's what you are looking for. another place you could use this is in Transaction Discovery.

please Note that all you have to ensure is that ur Content Type is right.

Thanks
    Ashish

• 4.  RE: JSON Plugin for CEM

Posted Oct 16, 2013 10:52 PM
    Hi ashish,

Thanks for the repl. We had included application/json in the content type, we were able to record it.Just that , request body is like an array. We are not able to extract the parameters in it.
    We used one JSON plugin but did not work as intended as the req body is not purely in json format !!

The req bosy is generated by the VAADIN framework.

Geethu

• 5.  Re: JSON Plugin for CEM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2015 10:53 PM

Closing discussion.

If this is still an issue, please open a new discussion over at CA Developer APM (http://bit.ly/caapm_dev).