Symantec Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Build SiteMinder Policy Server data stores on CA Directory

• 1.  Build SiteMinder Policy Server data stores on CA Directory

Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:05 PM
      |   view attached

A coupIe of examples were posted to the MyCA Security Communities (public) forum related to building the SiteMinder Policy Server data stores (Policy/Key Store) for Windows. I used the SiteMinder Installation Guide topics related to installing the Policy Server on UNIX (RHEL 6.4 x64 in my lab);and the topics on setting up a Policy Store/Key Store and a Session Store as the starting point for creating unique DSAs to host the Policy Store, Key Store and Session Store. I modeled my scripts on the setup.sh from the democorp samples folder to write a set of scripts to build the DSA configuration files and load the base tree structure for the SiteMinder data stores. I also looked at the topics on configuring a separate key store which starts with the excerpt below.

Please check out the scripts when you have a chance. The ZIP file contains a readme.txt that explains how to use the scripts. I plan to add support: to implement ACLs after the initial creation; and to implement extended logging/tracing for troubleshooting.

Configure a Separate Key Store
    If you have a collocated policy/key store, you can configure the Policy Server to use a separate key store.
    The type of directory server that is to function as a separate key store determines how you configure the store:
    • If you can use the CA SiteMinder smldapsetup utility to configure a policy store, you can configure a separate key store using key store–specific schema. The following directory servers can be configured this way:
    o Microsoft Active Directory
    o Microsoft AD LDS
    o Oracle Directory Server Enterprise Edition
    o Oracle Internet Directory Server
    o Red Hat Directory Server
    • If you cannot use the CA SiteMinder smldapsetup utility to configure a policy store, then you must:
    1. Configure a separate directory server instance with the policy store schema only. The policy store schema includes the key store schema. You do not have to:
     Set the CA SiteMinder superuser password.
     Import the default policy store objects.
     Import the policy store data definitions.
    A separate key store does not require these objects.
    2. Configure the Policy Server to use this policy store instance as a key store only.
    Note: For more information, see the Policy Server Administration Guide

Attachment(s)

zip
    Build SMPS DSAs.zip   19 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Build SiteMinder Policy Server data stores on CA Directory

Posted Feb 10, 2017 05:38 AM

Thank you for these scripts and files. For me, it was very useful!