Clarity

• 1.  How to manually force a slice job to run?

Posted Oct 09, 2013 02:15 PM
    I need to manually force a slice job to run. Could someone tell me how to do it, please?

Regards,
    Susane

• 2.  RE: How to manually force a slice job to run?

Posted Oct 09, 2013 02:43 PM
    What exactly do you mean with that?

Just go to reports and jobs and available jobs and click the Timeslicing to run it (immediately)
    That will run the timeslicing job which will slice everything the system has marked for slicing.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: How to manually force a slice job to run?

Posted Oct 09, 2013 02:45 PM
    If you need to reslice and know what to reslice you can soft reset the slices.
    See

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: How to manually force a slice job to run?

Posted Oct 09, 2013 03:15 PM
    Actually a few slices aren't being updated, so I need to know what needs to be done in order for them to run.

I probably need something like the soft-reset, but will this update

UPDATE PRJ_BLB_SLICEREQUESTS
    SET EXPIRATION_DATE=NULL,
    REQUEST_COMPLETED_DATE=NULL
    WHERE ID in (103, 108, 113) --daily, weekly, monthly internal estimates slice

make it so all slices will run and be updated?

Also, is there a way to know what table is updated by each time slice?
    I know a couple tables have a field called "slice_status". Knowing the table the slice updates and setting a specific value for this field, would that work?

All in all, the main issue is: a few time slices havent been updated. How can I fix it?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: How to manually force a slice job to run?

Posted Oct 09, 2013 04:23 PM
    That will update only the slices where the ID is 103, 108, 113.

The way slicing works is it takes the blob fields and cracks them and inserts the data into the slice tables.

When a blob changes a flag goes on and the job knows that item needs to be cracked and the slice tables updated.

When slices are not updating you see the same slice value even though a timescaled view which cracks the blob on the fly displays changed data.

Yes, it is possible to say in which table the blob field is which give data to a specific slice.

Please tell how you know that
    a few time slices havent been updated.

and which slices are those?

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: How to manually force a slice job to run?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2013 05:41 PM
    Susane

Through UI, you can change the start date or number of periods and that should resslice as well. This is probably a safer way to update than SQL.

If those actions don't make any difference, check the fields DATE_FLAGS and request_status in table PRJ_BLB_SLICEREQUESTS . Set them to DATE_FLAGS = 0 and request_status = 1 and rerun the timeslice job.

Or best option would be to create a CA support ticket. They can check it there are non-numeric values which are stopping the job to update that slice.

Atul