Db2 Tools

• 1.  Is everyone talking about agile scrum these days?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2013 04:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

So I was sitting at our local High School's homecoming football game, and I kept hearing terms that I had heard all week at work. "Oh we are working to get our technical debt down. " I had to escalate that impediment." So, I turned to the people and said, "I am sorry to interrupt you, but it sound like you are implementing agile scrum?" To which both people responded "Yes, we are." We all three then talked about the challenges and the transformations in going from a waterfall approach to agile scrum and daily stand ups. It was so funny to be enagaged in a weekend activity and hearing what I had heard or said all week long while at work. So anyway, it would be interesting to hear if there are other companies besides CA Technologies that are implementing agile scrum and what tools you are using. Now back to herding cats.

-Mary Loesch
    Chorus, Mainframe CCS and CSM Project Manager

• 2.  RE: Is everyone talking about agile scrum these days?

Posted Oct 11, 2013 11:55 AM
    Mary,
    I work at on of the large federal government agencies and we are using Agile methodology. Scrum master training was given to upper management.
    It is difficult to get anything done within a 2 week timeframe, because of the change management system and all of the paperwork.

• 3.  RE: Is everyone talking about agile scrum these days?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2013 12:00 PM
    Hi RG,

Good to hear from you again! So I wonder why they are doing 2 week sprints instead of 3 to 4 week sprints? And do you happen to know what tool they are using to track their work?

-Mary