DX NetOps

• 1.  Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Oct 14, 2013 02:29 PM
    I'm trying to configure a few Test Templates using a ASR1000 device as the Test_host but I always receive that error message:

SPM TEST HOST CONFIGURATION FAILURE - UNABLE TO PERFORM TEST

I'm using a RW SNMP community and I'm sure I have RW access to the device. Did anyone had success configuring SPM with ASR1000? I'm using Spectrum 9.2.3.

• 2.  RE: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Oct 15, 2013 12:46 AM
    Hello Rena,

Check these things

1. What does the event message say?
    2. Were you able to directly create the test instead of template? What does the rtm_destination id attribute show on the test model?
    3. What kind of test is it? Does the firewall support this test? If yes did you try creating this IPSLA test directly on the firewall and tried discovering it in Spectrum?

If this is all set , we need to enable further debugging .

Regards
    kalyan

• 3.  RE: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Oct 15, 2013 08:17 AM
    Hi Kalyan,

1) Here is the full message:

[font=Courier New]SPM Test Host Configuration Failed Event - Test Name: VOICE SITE_AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD Test Host Address: ***.YYY.ZZZ.AAA Source Address: ***.YYY.ZZZ.AAA Destination Address: AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD Test Type: Jitter Layer 4 Port Number: 16386 Current Test Interval: 900 seconds Packet Size: 32 Sample Count: 10 Test Host Position: EndPoint DNS Lookup String: User Name: Password: File Name: Type Of Service: 184 Proxy: Alternate Packet Address: ***.YYY.ZZZ.AAA Alternate Packet Port: 0 Error From Device: Failure[font]

2) I'm not able to create neither with templates nor directly. The rtm_destination id attribute is null

3) I tried to create different tests, including ICMP and Jitter. None worked with the ASR1000. The same tests worked with a Cisco 7200. The ASR1000 is a Cisco Router, not a firewall..

How can I enable debugging?

kalyansrinivas4u wrote:

Hello Rena,

Check these things

1. What does the event message say?
    2. Were you able to directly create the test instead of template? What does the rtm_destination id attribute show on the test model?
    3. What kind of test is it? Does the firewall support this test? If yes did you try creating this IPSLA test directly on the firewall and tried discovering it in Spectrum?

If this is all set , we need to enable further debugging .

Regards
    kalyan

• 4.  RE: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 15, 2013 01:30 AM
    Hi renatobr,

I would check the parameters and advanced parameters for the Test. If you do FTP, HTTP, TCP, UDP, trace route test etc. the Sample Count parameter has to be set to 1.
    Please try to create the test directly on the Test Host as Kalyan has suggested and test.

Regards,
    Widjaja.

• 5.  RE: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Oct 15, 2013 08:19 AM
    I don't think there is a problem with the parameters. The same tests works in a different model.

• 6.  Re: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Mar 04, 2019 12:13 AM

RenatoBR Is the above issue resolved? Is so, May I know the process of resolving?

• 7.  Re: Service Performance Manager and Cisco ASR1000

Posted Apr 24, 2019 12:02 PM

Sorry for the late response. I had too many issues with SPM in Spectrum and gave up on it. I'm using CA Performance Management for the IPSLA tests.