AnsweredAssumed Answered

PRASSIGNMENT Problem

Question asked by jcopersi on Oct 31, 2013
Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 by jcopersi

Greetings all.  It has been a while since I posted.  I hope I can explain this problem correctly.

When we post time sheets, and our data warehouse pulls in time sheet hours, the system validates the PRASSIGNMENTID when doing so.  To determine if the project is a master proejct or not, the warehouse looks for a NULL value in PRASSIGNMENTID.  However, we have noticed that several time cards have a PRASSIGNMENTID in the timesheet table.  We specifically look at the PRTIMEENTRY table to validate the assignment ID. 

My question here is, where in Clarity can we set or remove the assignemtn ID?  I am trying to figure out how this is set.  We do have various time sheets that have a value there.  

I want to just run an update scirpt but I worry that this has larger implications.  Is it that easy?  Can we just set that value to null on the table?  I did not think so, but I just wanted to check.  If I could just teach the PMs how to go into the clarity website, and change a field so it clears the assignment Id, that would be awesome.  All help is greatly appreciated.  

Outcomes