CA Service Management

• 1.  Maileater in SDM r12.7

Posted Nov 01, 2013 09:38 AM
    I need your help. I am not able to make the system update tickets from notifications sent by the SDM.

My system is at version 12.7 in Portuguese. My notifications are configured to send Text. I read in forums it seems that the MailEater has a limitation in processing HTML, something not confirmed in the official documentation I read them. Is it true?

The MailEater is pulling messages from my Exchange without problems, but can not do the processing of emails. I read and reread the documentation:

- Implementation Guide 12.7 (Email chapter)
    - Admiistration Guide 12.7 (Email Chapter)
    - How the Text API Uses Keywords (CA Answer Bar)
    - How to Set Up Notification Replies to Update Tickets (CA Answer Bar)

I have this scenario:

Follow everthing I did:

1-Notifications sent int text including a tag %REQUEST_ID:@{call_req_id.ref_num}% 

2- In Rule Mailbox for incident: ( http://macrosoft.tecnologia.ws/img/mailrule.jpg )
    Filter: Body or Subject 
    Filter Characters: %Incident:{{object_id}}% 
    No CaseSensitive: Yes
    Record in stdlog: Yes
    Prefix: email_

Default TextAPI: Blank
    TextAPI Ignore: Blank

Reply Success: Yes
    Reply Failure: Yes

3 - I create a incident via SDM web interface

4 - The Notification sent to me

5 - I Reply the notification with a email account included in ca_contact (this account is available)

6 - I see my message reply in Outlook Web Access (Webmail Exchange), after 10sec its downloaded for protocol POP of Maileater.

7 - In log I didn't see any error of maileater.

8 - A message of sucess or failure its not send. If I change mailbox rule - Filter Characters for ( .* ) instead of %Incident:{{object_id}}%, I receive message failure configured, and log shows

10/30 13:26:11.09 LWO-W08CSDM-01 pdm_maileater_nxd    8760 SIGNIFICANT  mail_common.c         1688 Connecting to PDM_Text_nxd.

10 - Fafter all, when accessing my incident ticket, nothing has been updated via email,.

Thanks for any help.

• 2.  RE: Maileater in SDM r12.7

Posted Nov 03, 2013 11:41 PM
    peukert:
    I need your help. I am not able to make the system update tickets from notifications sent by the SDM.

10 - After all, when accessing my incident ticket, nothing has been updated via email.

Hello peukert,

It may be simpler to log a Support issue to work through this case. It is often quicker for a Support person to be able to do a remote session to look through the setup.

I see your using the SDM 12.7 Administration Guide "How to Set Up a Reply to an Incident Notification Example" as the basis for your testing.

At Steps 5 & 6, it would be really helpful to see what the exact response text was - this is often what determines success or failure.

You may wish to simplify the testing and leave out the the "reply to" functionality to begin with. Can you create/update a ticket from the command line using "pdm_text_cmd"? See page 425, SDM 12.6 Administration Guide.

Can you create/update a ticket using a plain text POP3 email source? Use basic information eg: Use the section "How an End User Updates a Ticket Example" in the same Admin. Guide section, p432.

Eg Simplest case may be:

%INCIDENT_ID=1234

%DESCRIPTION=This is a test email to update Incident ID 1234.

Let us know how you go. And if anyone else has comments, please chip in.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: Maileater in SDM r12.7

Posted Nov 04, 2013 01:52 PM

Hi Kyle,

I decided open this forum because for many times CA Support Brazil doesn't help us
    I did pdm_text_cmd and I had the same error it I tested input mail with rule *.
    System cannot create a ticket, error log shows priority not found. But priority table is correct and field %PRIORITY in cria_chamado.txt was created.
    Follow images:

Do you have any idea it SDM get this error ? Thanks

• 4.  RE: Maileater in SDM r12.7

Posted Nov 04, 2013 11:39 PM

Hi peukert,

From the pri2.jpg screenshot, I see that the priority sym value is 1- Alta and in the cria_chamado.txt file, %PRIORITY=1. Try changing to %PRIORITY=1- Alta and see how it works. If you still the error, try using %PRIORITY=2 and see how it works.

Thanks,
    Naveen