CA Service Management

• 1.  Open Request and Incident in Open Space

Posted Nov 04, 2013 12:14 AM

Hi All,

I noticed that we only select either request or incident in Open Space. Is there a way to allow end user to choose to open request or incident in Open space like self service interface in SDM, we can have two links i,e, create a new request and create a new incident.

Appreciate if anyone can share customization steps for above requirement?

Cheers,

• 2.  RE: Open Request and Incident in Open Space
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 04, 2013 01:22 AM
    halimliauw:

I noticed that we only select either request or incident in Open Space. Is there a way to allow end user to choose to open request or incident in Open space like self service interface in SDM, we can have two links i,e, create a new request and create a new incident.

Appreciate if anyone can share customization steps for above requirement?

Hello halimliauw,

I'm afraid you must make a choice for either Incidents or Requests in Open Space at present.

See the FAQ, point 16, I mentioned in this post which is:

16. Can Requests and Incidents be enabled simultaneously on the CA SDM Mobile Enabler?

No. Creating tickets in CA SDM is exposed via the CA Open Space capability. The CA Open Space server’s CA SDM Data source can be configured to either CA SDM Requests or Incidents, but not both at the same time.

and I'm not aware of any customisation that could be done at this point.

You may wish to put this through as an "Idea" - link at the top of this page and link back to this post.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  RE: Open Request and Incident in Open Space