DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Access Wily Info from External App

• 1.  Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Oct 20, 2010 02:55 PM
    I've recently took over our Wily Introscope installation.

We are trying to pull all our monitoring stats into one application. Is there a way to query Wily from a web service or another way so we can pull the graphs and stats.

Any information that you can provide will be most helpful. Thanks

• 2.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2010 02:58 PM
      |   view attached
    Use the Excel Integration Kit.

-Hiko

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Oct 20, 2010 04:06 PM
    Good choice!
    You can also use WebServices via Introscope Integration Software Developer Kit (SDK) or my favorite : SQL access via the driver IntroscopeJDBC.jar.

Regards,
    Alexandre Andrade

• 4.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2010 08:09 PM
    I wasn't sure which one I'd recommend either, but chose the Excel WebService for ease of use and having a GUI for testing your queries.

• 5.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Oct 21, 2010 09:43 AM

hdavis wrote:

I wasn't sure which one I'd recommend either, but chose the Excel WebService for ease of use and having a GUI for testing your queries.
    Thanks for your help, guys. I'll take a look at these options next week and see what I can get to work.
    Roger

• 6.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Jun 08, 2011 05:50 PM
    Hi,

I'm new to this tool and am trying to figure out how to extract information from Wily. Are there any tutorials on how to use IntroscopeJDBC.jar? I've found the section in the documentation detailing that introscopeJDBC.jar can be used but it's a little light on the details and my java is rusty.

Thanks for any pointers you maybe be able to provide.

Haw

• 7.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Jun 10, 2011 02:07 AM
      |   view attached
    Here is some example groovy code I use to access Introscope using jdbc driver if that helps... No guarantees....

Attachment(s)

• 8.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Jun 10, 2011 08:21 AM
    There is "Appendix B: JDBC API" in CA Wily Introscope Configuration and Administration Guide.

Michal

• 9.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Oct 21, 2010 09:53 AM
    Is there anything similar to this for CEM?

• 10.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2010 01:40 PM
    You can query CEM's datbase directly. Its data is stored in PostgreSQL.

When I was at my previous client, they had a PS engineer create a custom WebService to pull that data down into CSV files. I think you'll find it easier to just pull it directly into your own analysis package.

-Hiko

• 11.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Posted Oct 21, 2010 05:28 PM
    Ok, I've connected to the database with pgAdmin, anywhere that states the structure of the database and where certain information is stored? I'd like to create some custom reports, but not sure where I should be looking here. I was trying to find the code for the transaction trend report page to give me something to go by since it has some similar information on what I'm looking for, but I can't seem to find the code. I might be hijacking this thread a bit, I can always start another if need be.

• 12.  RE: Access Wily Info from External App

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2010 09:09 PM
    Richard,
    Yeah, the APM database isn't exactly straight-forward.
    It's been about a year since I've dealt with CEM on a daily basis so please forgive me.

You're basically going to have to create some joins based upon the unique ID for each transaction. Without having the tables to look at in front of me, I can't tell you which.

I'm going to reach out to a friend at my last employer to see if he'd can fill in the gaps. Hopefully someone here on the community who works with CEM can also shed some light.

-Hiko