DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Oct 20, 2010 04:29 PM
    I noticed that on one of the downloads there was a dashboardhtmlwidgetws.jar
    file which adds a new dashboard widget to the workstation making it capable
    of displaying a web url.

I was wondering if there were additional widgets out there that had been
    developed to expand the Consoles and allow for additional webview
    fuctionality.

If not, is there a development kit that would allow for devloping additional
    widgets? I looked at the EM SDK and it doesn't have any of the correct
    libraries that are needed. ie...com.wily.introscope.console.thornhill, or
    com.wily.ui.IGenericServices.

One of the things I'd like to see in a console, and also through webview,
    is a drop-down menu which would allow me to combine or build a webview
    that associates multiple metrics in the same window so that I can do
    cross-comparison between dashboards.

For example, If I have four different dashboards, and it appears that metrics
    from two of the dashboards might be similiar, I would like to do a side-by-side
    comparison. If I could have four metrics on a dashboard with drop-down menus
    for each graph, I could select the graph for each one and then do a comparison.

Thanks...JKW

• 2.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Oct 26, 2010 06:26 PM
    Hi All,

Any input here for JKW? You might wantr to check with Support as well to see if they know where these would be.

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 27, 2010 05:27 PM
    While I don't have anything to add in reference to WebView, there is however a plugin for the workstation called Baseline Comparison.
    Take a look at the presentation in my posting called Fieldpacks for details.

-Hiko

• 4.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Feb 02, 2014 04:13 PM

Hi Hiko,

Would you perhaps happen to have more recent Baseline Comparison plugin?

I'd like to use it for comparison entire webservices branch in Introscope (9.1),  agent to agent, month to month etc...

Seems like it doesn't work, if I select this broad of a selection. It works fine when I select only specific metric from specific operation of the specific webservice under the Webservices branch, but I need it to do the comparison on broader levels.

Appreciate!

• 5.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2014 04:28 PM

Unfortunately the plug-in was not designed for that.

Any additional work on this would require you to contact CA Services or Global Delivery. I would also suggest that you post the feature as an Idea. It's been a great help to me throughout the years.

• 6.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Nov 04, 2010 03:16 PM
    Is there any way to get hold of any type of SDK kit that was used to desing the original Widgets Dashboard Add-in.
    I'd like to develop some Widgets using Eclipse.

JKW

• 7.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2010 08:10 PM
    I don't know of any off-hand, but you can check with your pre-sales consultant to see if they can reach to the PS folks or send a message to Nate Isley (his info is available off the Product Advisory thread).

• 8.  RE: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Feb 12, 2014 12:18 PM
      |   view attached

Here's a simple project for developing TypeViews in Java. Likely a bit out of date, but could get you started. 

Attachment(s)

zip
    CustomTypeViewProject.zip   12 KB 1 version

• 9.  Re: Customized Widgets in Dashboard

Posted Sep 15, 2016 01:21 AM

Thanks Davis. 

Well the idea was to have an integration path from a UI view in essence of a triage activity. It would have been most useful to have some method to trigger a RESTAPI call to target applications from APM dashboard. It would be the capability to do APM alert view from APM console - and probably do a detailed log analysis in Splunk using the filters in APM.

Does CA plan to make the dashboards more flexible and extendable any time?