Symantec IGA

• 1.  Approval Workflow Queries

Posted Nov 17, 2013 07:44 PM

Hi,

In our environment, single task form is used to obtain access to entitlements for around 10 applications. For example, SAP (Role1, Role2, Role3 entitlements), Remedy (Role1, Role2, Role3 entitlements). For approvals, Role1 & Role2 in SAP should go to SAP_Approver and Role3 in SAP should go to SAP_Other_Approver for approvals. Simlarly for Remedy application as well.

The task is configured with two stage approval process. The first level it should go to user Manager and second level it should go to respective entitlement role approval only. 

Lets say, user submits the form selecting Role1, Role3 for SAP and Role1, Role2 for Remedy. Now for the first approval the approver request goes to users manager that can be configured out of box. I have to select all admin roles or all list of approvers in the second level approver configuration in which case single approval request will go to the three different entitlement approvers and workflow approval email notification also goes to all three of them for approvers in a single request. But I am not able to trigger the approval workflow only for respective approvers based on their entitlements in the second level. In this example case, post manager approval, the approval request should go to three different approvers separately i.e., one request to SAP_Approver, other to SAP_Other_Approver and another to Remedy_Approver, which I am unable to configure it from out of box.

How to achieve the above second level approval scenario from out of box? How to send reminder notifications in case the approver hasn't approved the request within a set amount of time?

Thanks,

Chenna

• 2.  RE: Approval Workflow Queries

Posted Nov 19, 2013 06:50 PM
    Chenna:

Hi,

In our environment, single task form is used to obtain access to entitlements for around 10 applications. For example, SAP (Role1, Role2, Role3 entitlements), Remedy (Role1, Role2, Role3 entitlements). For approvals, Role1 & Role2 in SAP should go to SAP_Approver and Role3 in SAP should go to SAP_Other_Approver for approvals. Simlarly for Remedy application as well.

The task is configured with two stage approval process. The first level it should go to user Manager and second level it should go to respective entitlement role approval only. 

Lets say, user submits the form selecting Role1, Role3 for SAP and Role1, Role2 for Remedy. Now for the first approval the approver request goes to users manager that can be configured out of box. I have to select all admin roles or all list of approvers in the second level approver configuration in which case single approval request will go to the three different entitlement approvers and workflow approval email notification also goes to all three of them for approvers in a single request. But I am not able to trigger the approval workflow only for respective approvers based on their entitlements in the second level. In this example case, post manager approval, the approval request should go to three different approvers separately i.e., one request to SAP_Approver, other to SAP_Other_Approver and another to Remedy_Approver, which I am unable to configure it from out of box.

How to achieve the above second level approval scenario from out of box? How to send reminder notifications in case the approver hasn't approved the request within a set amount of time?

Thanks,

Chenna

Hi All,

Any ideas here for Chenna?

Thanks!

Chris

• 3.  Re: Approval Workflow Queries

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 17, 2016 01:42 PM

We are marking this question as "Assumed Answered" due to age.

Thanks,

Bill Patton