Clarity

• 1.  Multi Table portlet

Posted Nov 18, 2013 09:44 AM

Helllo All,

What is the best option to create a Portlet(has to be a portlet) which displays all values from Project,Task and Heirarchy tables?

Should I go with a query, if so can I do a  * statement in NSQL or is there a way I can combine these objects and create one?

Apperciate all your help.

Thanks,

MN

• 2.  RE: Multi Table portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 18, 2013 09:53 AM

If the data is coming from more than one object you cannot crate a System data provider based portlet and a query based portlet is the your only option.

I have a faint recollection about using select * in NSQL queries = you can't as you have to define the dim and props, but if you use a wrapper to put your main query inside it you can.

That need to be verfied, but you really do not want that unless you want to kill your performance. Select * will bring all the fields even if you display just a couple. Enven more problems if you do that for multible tables.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Multi Table portlet

Posted Nov 18, 2013 10:01 AM

You cannot do a select * in an NSQL for portlet. Make sure you limit the data or your portlet will hog the system down.

• 4.  RE: Multi Table portlet

Posted Nov 18, 2013 10:59 AM

Makes sense. 

Thank you Martti and Michael.

• 5.  RE: Multi Table portlet

Posted Nov 18, 2013 12:29 PM

To illustrate my point

SELECT   @SELECT:DIM:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:Z:Z.id:zid@,
             @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:Z:Z.name:zname@,
             @SELECT:DIM_PROP:USER_DEF:IMPLIED:Z:Z.code:zcode@
    FROM     
    (select *

from odf_CA_zObject) z
    WHERE    @FILTER@

works fine and gives

That is a small object with minum number of attributes and only one instance.

Don't ever use a query like that in a production system for an object with more than one instance and never when querying more than one table.

Martti K.

• 6.  RE: Multi Table portlet

Posted Nov 19, 2013 03:56 PM

Got it .Thanks again.