IT Process Automation

• 1.  Dynamic Drop Down Using Map

Posted Nov 19, 2013 04:50 AM

i am fetching user combo names using dymanic drop down and add them to IRF,i am displaying Member.combo_name in IRF. now scnerio is that when approval process run approver has to seletct user from drop down list and assign task to a specific user from list.

when i select a specific user and assign task then it has to send email notification to selected user and assigned next task to selected user.

email task doesnt run also assignment task fails to assign task to selected user.

remmeber i am fetching UserID, Email ID, Combo_Name and approver selects Combo_Name from drop down then it has to assign user using UserID.

i need to pass "member.UserID" to email and task assignment when approver selects "member.combo_name".

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Drop Down Using Map
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2013 09:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Akhan.1

I did a similar case as you. I took the values form AD - displayName, sn, givenName, sAMAccountName and email. I'm presenting in the IRF dropdown list the displayName and EndUser selects the desired Name.
    In the IRF i used the "Select" Form-element - see the properties of this element in the screen-shot.
    and in the Post Execution code i have the following:

/* Now asssign the needed variable to the appriate selected user
    */
    Process.SelectedName = Process[OpName].Select

for (var i = 0; i < Process.AdUser.length; i++) {
      var key = Process.AdUser[i].displayName;
      if (Process.SelectedName == key) {
     Process.Selected_sn = Process.AdUser[i].sn;
     Process.Selected_givenName = Process.AdUser[i].givenName;
     Process.Selected_sAMAccountName = Process.AdUser[i].sAMAccountName;
     Process.Selected_mail = Process.AdUser[i].mail;
     Process.Selected_displayName = Process.AdUser[i].displayName;
      }
    }

(Certainly not the best coding)
    Hope that helps.

Jürg (Juerg)

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Drop Down Using Map

Posted Nov 20, 2013 01:40 AM

Hi there, i am manage to acheive my task thanks for guidance i almost done the same but appending user attributes in a query