Clarity

• 1.  How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2013 11:58 AM

We have often seen customer facing issues with "Unable to Process request" popup, the reason is due to session problem and to overcome couple of things needs to be checked.

1. If you have SSO enabled then check the SSO timeout.

2. Clarity has got its time out setting via Administration --> General Setting --> System Option --> Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout

3. This Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout must be set less than the time out set on your SSO (for example if your SSO time out is 15 minute then clarity timeout should be 14 minute)

4.  if you naviagate to any portlet and you get this error, check for the list page which might be retrieving huge amount of data and its exceeding the timeout setting either on the SSO or Clarity.

5. If you don't have SSO and still get the error then check for browser timeout setting set by IT administrators and this timeout should be greater then clarity timeout and calrity timeout should be lesser than the browser timeout.

Once this pop up comes you will see errors in the app log like

ERROR 2013-11-19 10:50:17,674 [http-bio-90-exec-8] clarity.ui (clarity:user:712094124__EEAD9B7F-4E2F-4BCB-B6EF-0209BFBB8CA2:none) UI_MSG[:Tue Nov 19 15:13:42 UTC 0530 2013:OnError called--Client Side Exception 

java.lang.Exception: VXMLRequest failed.  HTTP status code was: 503

• 2.  RE: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and ab

Posted Nov 19, 2013 04:19 PM
    prasu09:

We have often seen customer facing issues with "Unable to Process request" popup, the reason is due to session problem and to overcome couple of things needs to be checked.

1. If you have SSO enabled then check the SSO timeout.

2. Clarity has got its time out setting via Administration --> General Setting --> System Option --> Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout

3. This Minutes Of Inactivity Until Logout must be set less than the time out set on your SSO (for example if your SSO time out is 15 minute then clarity timeout should be 14 minute)

4.  if you naviagate to any portlet and you get this error, check for the list page which might be retrieving huge amount of data and its exceeding the timeout setting either on the SSO or Clarity.

5. If you don't have SSO and still get the error then check for browser timeout setting set by IT administrators and this timeout should be greater then clarity timeout and calrity timeout should be lesser than the browser timeout.

Once this pop up comes you will see errors in the app log like

ERROR 2013-11-19 10:50:17,674 [http-bio-90-exec-8] clarity.ui (clarity:user:712094124__EEAD9B7F-4E2F-4BCB-B6EF-0209BFBB8CA2:none) UI_MSG[:Tue Nov 19 15:13:42 UTC 0530 2013:OnError called--Client Side Exception 

java.lang.Exception: VXMLRequest failed.  HTTP status code was: 503

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community!

• 3.  RE: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and ab

Posted Nov 20, 2013 01:36 AM

Thanks for sharing this info, Suman smiley

NJ

• 4.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Posted Mar 12, 2015 10:47 AM

Hi Suman,

I'm experiencing the same issue currently but have some questions.

I as admin got the same error like user did, but I'm not using SSO.

Generally all users use SSO, but I'm not aware during cca 2 years of using about this error. Simply this error means for me that server is retrieving a huge amount of data and response is set to too small number.

But I assume it's not this case. TS is even empty... see my screens.

System_options.JPG

TS-error.jpg

Err_log.jpg

Have you any idea what could be the root cause? Your help is very appreciated. Thanks

Matej

• 5.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Posted Mar 12, 2015 11:41 AM

As far as I'm concerned it is just a general error when the client-side code (code in the browser) can't communicate happily with the server (for any of a number of reasons ; connectivity / timeout / DDOS / whatever.... )

(eg, log into Clarity, pull out your network cable, click something in the Clarity application - you should get that error)

So there is no one answer to the root cause ; it just tells you something bad is happening in your instance/network.

• 6.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Posted Mar 13, 2015 03:23 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for response, but for me it's really weird that this is happening also for some Timesheets which should be definitely not a network issue(as the whole Clarity is running fine and also response and other requests/objects is fine).

So I would assume(maybe) it's somehow with "corrupted" TS, but don't know how and why this happened. Do you ever heard something like this? Means except network/connect issue which I think is not our case... .Many thanks

Matej

• 7.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Posted Mar 13, 2015 09:58 AM

If you are seeing some consistency with this problem (i.e. happens with certain timesheet filters more or less every time, but others are OK), then you would probably want some assistance from Support to help investigate further.

Typically the errors being referred to in this thread have http error codes in the 12*** range, which are the truly 'client side' generated error codes that happen in response to connections being closed whilst they are trying to reuse them (due to timeout or connectivity loss, etc., as mentioned), and they would also appear to have a very random frequency or else happen only after a specific amount of time has elapsed (usually measured in minutes).

You are getting a 504 error though which (strictly speaking) is a 'server' side response, however it's also the common response generated by a proxy/gateway to indicate a fault in reaching the destination and/or soliciting a response from it, and so I think your error begins from some middle network layer between the client and server.  That makes your situation somewhat different and unique from the general case outlined here, especially if you are getting the response quick and frequently with the same request/criteria, and so might need to be looked at differently too.

• 8.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2015 04:00 AM

Hi Matej,

I agree with Dave, this problem at the time sheet could be because the task name have some non aschi character, so the best way to fix this is to see what all tasks are associated with that timesheet and generate a SQL trace, there you can find the unparsable data.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 9.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Posted Mar 13, 2015 06:52 AM

Hi Suman,

I've checked all tasks assigned to respective TS. The "worst" task name was something like:

CR0051140 - EDI: COOP move from X.400 to-> AS/2.

Means "->" is not usual. However I've tested this name of task with the same resource and there was no error, means this characters are allowed.

One note: One TS which is empty is even not accessible for this user...

Matej

• 10.  Re: How to overcome "Unable to Process request" Popup in Clarity V13 and above

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2015 09:02 AM

Hi Matej,

Its not like that, you have to take the data, put into a Notepad++ convert into UTF 8 and then save, even copying from excel sometimes brings non UTF character which causes the problem.

Regards

Suman Pramanik