IT Process Automation

• 1.  SMTP Authentication

Posted Nov 26, 2013 12:24 PM

Hello,

I currently have several applications using the solution CA Process Automation 4.1 which I highlight the CA IT Asset Manager (12.8CP1), CA Service Desk (12.7CP1) and CA Business Intelligence.

According PAM documentation, there's no content available which could make reference to this subject. On Design Form, when we select the SEND EMAIL we dont have option to select the port or authentication method for SMTP. We could select SMTP server or POP server and port on "Configuration > Module > Email" but about SMTP port or authentication method we dont have any choice than using default configuration as port 25 and authentication as simple user and password.

Our enterprise server is defined only allows NTLM authentication. It is not possible talking about a mail configuration without having the power of selecting the right setting such as smtp port and authentication method. 

Is there any configuration or existing method that can set these values?

I have information that there is available an workaround for smtp port. 
    The smtp can be modified by adding a line to OasisConfig.properties and restarting the orchestrator: mail.smtp.port=<port number>

And for authentication method?

Thanks and best regards,
    RMC

• 2.  RE: SMTP Authentication
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 27, 2013 05:41 AM
    The PAM uses jboss and consequently jar files. It uses a library named as JavaMail API that provides access to an SMTP server. 

Edit OasisConfig.properties and add the following lines:

- To use simple login: 
    mail.smtp.port=25 
    mail.smtp.auth=true 
    mail.smtp.auth.mechanisms=LOGIN 

By default, the PAM consider all mechanisms. If set, lists the authentication mechanisms to consider, and the order in which to consider them. Only mechanisms supported by the server and supported by the current implementation will be used. The default is "LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 NTLM", which includes all the authentication mechanisms supported by the current implementation. 

For GMail, please check the TLS configuration. 

Hope this helps in something. 
    Thank for your help anyway.