Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

• 1.  MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Nov 27, 2013 12:55 PM
      |   view attached

Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with MS Project and CA Clarity Plugin. I can open the schedule but when i try to save, the ms project stop and crash. I'm using Windows 7 + Office 2010 Suite.

I will attach the image with the error.

I tried with MS Project 2007 but i received the same massage.

If you can help me, thanks!

• 2.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Nov 27, 2013 04:48 PM

Which Clarity version?

The first thing that comes into mind are the bits of MS Project, jre and MS project connector supported by Clarity and then the versions of jre and MS Project connector are they also supporte by the Clarity version?

Did it ever work for you and is it with all projects?

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Nov 28, 2013 04:39 AM
      |   view attached

make sure the java path is correct..

see the attached document

hope that helps

• 4.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Nov 28, 2013 05:24 AM

Why would you need to do that on top of normal jre installation?

Martti K

Step 1: Run SYSDM.CPL

Step 2: Click the “Advanced” Tab.

Step 3: Click the “Environment Variables” button.

Step 4: Select the “Path” environment variable, then click the “Edit” button.

Step 5:  Append “;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin” at the end of the “Path” env variable, then click “OK”.

Step 6: Click “OK” to close the “Environment Variables” windows.

Step 7: Click “OK” to close the “System Properties” windows.

Step 8: Launch MSP 2010 and connect to Clarity Server.

• 5.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Nov 28, 2013 06:32 AM

Martti, the path installing incorrectly on win 7.

Just a possibility

• 6.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 02, 2013 01:11 PM

Guys,

My Clarity version is 13.1.

I'm using:

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bits;

Microsoft Project 32 Bits;

Java 32Bits;

Microsoft Visual C+++ 2005 and 2010 - Both 32 and 64 Bits;

Microsoft Visual Studio Tools 64 Bits;

What i need change to make this plugin work?

Thanks a lot.

• 7.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 02, 2013 01:50 PM

I forgot to say: I verified the path installation for Java 7 and it's ok.

Best Regards.

• 8.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 02, 2013 02:51 PM

Doug.

Run through the attached documents for use of the MSPI with 2010.

You will have to use the mage piece to completely clear the add in from MSP when you run through this.  I have tried to attach it as a zip so that you do not have to do the full download in step 6.

If this does not help, you should open a ticket with CA Support for more direct assistance.

If you also have MSP 2007 installed, it does not use the VSTO add in, that is specific to 2010 and 2013.

Regards,

Jenn

JENN RINELLA
    Technology Architect III
    RNAM OP PST&M BUS TRANSFORMATION TOOLS

Ericsson

Office:  +1 972-583-6091 | Mobile:  +1 972-330-9797
    jenn.rinella@ericsson.com

Attachment(s)

docx
    Steps to Fix MSP.docx   464 KB 1 version
    zip
    mage.zip   29 KB 1 version

• 9.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 04, 2013 12:54 PM

Java 1.6 is the supported version for 13.1. Java 1.7 is currently only supported with 13.2.

• 10.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:02 PM
      |   view attached

13.1 Release Notes state otherwise.

Appendix A: Comapitiblies Page 25 in the attachment.

Regards,

Jenn

JENN RINELLA
    Technology Architect III
    RNAM OP PST&M BUS TRANSFORMATION TOOLS

Ericsson

Office:  +1 972-583-6091 | Mobile:  +1 972-330-9797
    jenn.rinella@ericsson.com

Attachment(s)

• 11.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:53 PM

You are correct Jenn, thanks. I was mistaken.

• 12.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:57 PM

There are different versions out which are not clearly identified. Most of the time it is jer 1.7

Release Notes Release 13.1.00 created 2012-08-21  that came with the install media says java 1.7
    Release Notes Release 13.1.00, Second Edition created 2012-09-04 says java 1.7
    Release Notes Service Pack 13.1.01 created 2012-04-04 does not give java runtime version

Martti K.

• 13.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 11, 2013 01:34 PM

Hi guys!

I tried the steps sent by JENN RINELLA and no success. sad

I attached the images with the problem after the steps and the programs i have installed in my computer.

The language i use in Windows is Portuguese, if you dont understand, i can translate.

Thanks all.

Best regards.

• 14.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 11, 2013 04:59 PM

Any chance of testingwith English Windows, English MS Project and Clarity user locale and language set to English?

Martti K.

• 15.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2013 02:50 AM

Hello,

can you please try to check in MSP2010 File --> Options --> Add-ins and check whether you have the CAClarityAddIn actually listed under Active Application Add-ins? If you don't see it there, please check at the bottom of that screen the Manage: either "COM Add-ins"  or "Disabled Items". Select "Disabled Items" and then click the "Go..." button next to it. If you see the add-in there, can you try to activate it?

Also, is this the only machine that has this problem, other machines with the same MSP add-in and MSP version installed work? I take it this happens with every kind of project, right? Also, did you try connecting from MSP2010 to the Clarity server and open a project from there? Does that work? And finally, is this error reproducible when trying to connect from Clarity into MSP from different types of web browsers or just a specific one?

You might also want to try to enable MSP logging

Go into your registry on your workstation and add the following
    entries:

Under HKEY_CURRENT_USER->SOFTWARE->NIKU->Schedulers->MSPOptions
    add the following new string values:

Value name = LoggerOutput = C:\msplog.txt
    Value name = LoggingLevel = ERROR

Recreate the problem and then send the msplog.txt and the mspthread.txt 

• 16.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 17, 2013 12:46 PM
    wunru01:

Hello,

can you please try to check in MSP2010 File --> Options --> Add-ins and check whether you have the CAClarityAddIn actually listed under Active Application Add-ins? If you don't see it there, please check at the bottom of that screen the Manage: either "COM Add-ins"  or "Disabled Items". Select "Disabled Items" and then click the "Go..." button next to it. If you see the add-in there, can you try to activate it?

Also, is this the only machine that has this problem, other machines with the same MSP add-in and MSP version installed work? I take it this happens with every kind of project, right? Also, did you try connecting from MSP2010 to the Clarity server and open a project from there? Does that work? And finally, is this error reproducible when trying to connect from Clarity into MSP from different types of web browsers or just a specific one?

entries:

Hi Wunru,

Yes , it was already activated

Also, is this the only machine that has this problem, other machines with the same MSP add-in and MSP version installed work? I take it this happens with every kind of project, right? Also, did you try connecting from MSP2010 to the Clarity server and open a project from there? Does that work? And finally, is this error reproducible when trying to connect from Clarity into MSP from different types of web browsers or just a specific

This occurs to all projects. I tried open from Clarity, Integration Client, Different Browsers. No success.

I enabled this log but doesn't work. I attached the images.

Hi Martin,

I can't change the languague because i have only Portuguese enabled to my company.

I'm losing my faith in this. Hehehe.

Other person installed MS Project 2007 and work... Maybe i'll do this too.

• 17.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Dec 17, 2013 12:49 PM
    douglas.monteiro-tecban:
    wunru01:

Hello,

entries:

Hi Wunru,

Yes , it was already activated

Also, is this the only machine that has this problem, other machines with the same MSP add-in and MSP version installed work? I take it this happens with every kind of project, right? Also, did you try connecting from MSP2010 to the Clarity server and open a project from there? Does that work? And finally, is this error reproducible when trying to connect from Clarity into MSP from different types of web browsers or just a specific

This occurs to all projects. I tried open from Clarity, Integration Client, Different Browsers. No success.

I enabled this log but doesn't work. I attached the images.

Hi Martin,

I can't change the languague because i have only Portuguese enabled to my company.

I'm losing my faith in this. Hehehe.

Other person installed MS Project 2007 and work... Maybe i'll do this too.

Wunru,

In the regedit image, i tried to use "ERROR" and "ERRO". "ERRO" is error in portuguese.

I tried the two methods.

Best regards.

• 18.  RE: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Apr 16, 2014 07:12 AM
      |   view attached

I am also researching on the same, I am using MSP 2013 32-bit for Clarity v13.3. I also encountered the same error. Attached is the error log.

Attachment(s)

txt
    msplog.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 19.  Re: MS Project 2010 and CA Clarity Plugin Crash

Posted Jul 08, 2014 01:57 PM

I am also facing the same error mentioned by Doug in the beginning. Have installed MS project 2013 professional on windows 7 and installed MSP interface from Clarity 13.3/13.2. Even after installation of interface MSP 2013 does not detect clarity addins. Had to manually add from options and select clarity adins. This enable the CA clarity ribbon on top of MSP. However when try to open a project from MSP it given the same error.

Please advice if any one able to resolve the same ? Thanks.!