DX NetOps

• 1.  SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 12:56 AM

Hey Everyone

I'm trying to create a HTTPS SPM test to poke a site to see if Spectrum can access the site, however no matter what configuration I use, I always get a bad configuration error and the test won't run.

I've checked all the required fields and they are all filled in and they are fine. When I run the test, I always get this error -

"SPC-OCC-10183: The following error(s) occurred when attempting to run the selected test(s):
    SPC-OCC-11641: Failure."

I'm running Spectrum 9.3 with SysEDGE 5.8 agent.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks,
    Lawrence

• 2.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:18 AM

Hello Lawrence,

Did you try to create the test manually on the device and then try discovering the test in Spectrum.

Regards

Kalyan

• 3.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 01:28 AM

No...How can I create a test manually on a SysEDGE host ?

I can't seem to find it in the doco

• 4.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:57 AM
      |   view attached

You can find the docu in the VA Bookshelf as VA_SRMUser_ENU.pdf in Chapter 3, which you get with the VAIM product or download from support.

Alex

Attachment(s)

pdf
    VA_SRMUser_ENU.pdf   1.94 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 08:12 PM

Do I need the Virtual Assurance Console installed then to create the test on the device itself ?

I don't actually have the Virtual Assurance Console currently. Is there any other way to create the test manually ?

• 6.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 09:43 PM

Hello Mate,

I believe you are trying to ping the URL from Spectroserver model itself. Use eHealth to create the tests . Please note that you need to have service availibility AIM plugin installed on the sysedge machine to create these tests.

Regards

Kalyan

• 7.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 09:48 PM

I don't have eHealth installed in this particular environment.

It would be good if the alleged configuration errors could be stated in the error message.

I cannot find any issues with my configuration but it won't run either. Are there any configuration files that need to be modified to allow HTTPS tests ?

I believe I have the Service Availability AIM installed...I installed the 3 things that are under the Linux agent on the VAIM 12.8 Unix Sysedge agents ISO.

Am I missing something else ?

• 8.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 04, 2013 10:41 PM

Hello Mate,

Check this

1.SystemEDGE is integrated with Service Availability agent to perform the HTTPS tests. By default when we configure an https test with the SystemEDGE box as the test host the test times out. This is expected. In order to resolve this issue follow the steps below

Open the svcrsp.cf on the SystemEDGE host. svcrsp.cf is the configuration file of Service Availability agent.
    svcrsp.cf file will be located in <SystemEDGE_Install_Folder>\data\port161\plugins\svcrsp\ folder of the SystemEDGE host.
    Please uncomment the "allow_untrusted_ssl_certificates" parameter in svcrsp.cf (SystemEDGE agent side).By unchecking this we are instructing the Service Availability agent to allow untrusted SSL certificates for the URL's.
    Once the above changes are done, recycle the SystemEDGE agent and check the behavior of the HTTPS test.

2. If still a problem enable this debug to get more relevant info in the error message

i) Check if you have app model Emp_SvRsp_App  test host model in Oneclick

ii) Do you have a value for RTM_Destination_ID attribute on the test model? If no then the test itself is not created on the end machine

iii) Debug:

Turn ON debugging:

To add debugging information to a timeout event, use the following CLI command:

update action=0x456000e mh=<RTM_Test Model_Handle>

Where RTM_Test Model_Handle is the Model_Handle attribute for the SPM Test model.

Example:

bash -login

cd vnmsh

./connect

./update action=0x456000e mh=0x100f7a

The following information will be added to the SPM Timeout Event description:

Additional Info: id xxxxx error: yyyy

Where:              

xxxx will be the “Destination ID” attribute value for the SPM Test model

yyyy will be the error code returned from the MIB for this SPM Test

Let us know if you have an error code.

HTH

Kalyan

• 9.  RE: SPM HTTPS Test - Bad Configuration

Posted Dec 09, 2013 09:38 PM

Hi Kalyan

1. I checked that file and that line was already uncommented.

2. I activated that, and then tried to run the test, but now it seems to be running fine now...

Not sure what happened but it seems to be working now.