Symantec IGA

Expand all | Collapse all

How to choose a good corporate user store for the CA IM solution

• 1.  How to choose a good corporate user store for the CA IM solution

Posted Dec 06, 2013 12:58 AM

A common question I get asked is may I use X as the userstore for the CA IM solution.

There are many LDAP userstores that can be technically used with the CA IM solution, but one should carefully examine all criteria for selection of the userstore.

With regards to governance, exposure to non-IM business/technical owners, scalability.

I put together the follow deck to outline some areas to review prior to selection of a corporate user store.

I lean to using the CA Directory solution, but due consideration is required and must be communicate on the selection of a userstore, as it will typically have a life of it own after the project finishes.

I am also enclosing a document that outlines steps used for my own performance testing (vmware image on i7 laptop with 2GB RAM / 1 CPU)

I was able to achieve 9000+ updates/second on my image; with an 8cpu system, over 2 million updates/second are possible.  DXGRID is amazing.

Very scalability for businesses that wish to expand their internal services globally within the cloud for customers.  Perfect for syncing data to geographical data centers.

Regards, 

Alan Baugher

• 2.  RE: How to choose a good corporate user store for the CA IM solution

Posted Dec 06, 2013 07:09 PM
    alan_baugher:

A common question I get asked is may I use X as the userstore for the CA IM solution.

There are many LDAP userstores that can be technically used with the CA IM solution, but one should carefully examine all criteria for selection of the userstore.

With regards to governance, exposure to non-IM business/technical owners, scalability.

I put together the follow deck to outline some areas to review prior to selection of a corporate user store.

I lean to using the CA Directory solution, but due consideration is required and must be communicate on the selection of a userstore, as it will typically have a life of it own after the project finishes.

I am also enclosing a document that outlines steps used for my own performance testing (vmware image on i7 laptop with 2GB RAM / 1 CPU)

I was able to achieve 9000+ updates/second on my image; with an 8cpu system, over 2 million updates/second are possible.  DXGRID is amazing.

Very scalability for businesses that wish to expand their internal services globally within the cloud for customers.  Perfect for syncing data to geographical data centers.

Regards, 

Alan Baugher

Check this one out folks!