DX NetOps

• 1.  Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Dec 16, 2013 08:33 PM

I am creating a watch against an attribute which is a table of 180 instances (all integer values)

I need to total all the values of each instance then apply a threhold if the total exceeeds value x

Not quite sure how I go about this, I can add the attibute and define it as all instances but the having trouble setting a threshold against the total of all instances of that attribute

Any help greatfully received

• 2.  RE: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Dec 17, 2013 07:00 AM

• 3.  Re: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Mar 04, 2015 06:18 AM

I have a similar request: I need a watch that will count the number of power supply units (from the entPhysicalTable MIBs) and raise an alarm if there are less than 2 PSU. How can we do that ? The link provided by lutelewis  is broken. Thanks for any hint.

VL

• 4.  Re: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Mar 06, 2015 05:22 PM

Not sure what I was linking to here. Watches are good for thresholding a single OID value, for aggregate comparisons (e.g. the average of all instances combined) I have perl script 5min cronjobs making REST API calls, then sending a trap for threshold violations.

Ideally I would like to extend the existing snmpd agent to include a new MIB OID that has aggregate values and then have Watches monitor those, but I do not have time for that.

• 5.  Re: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Mar 11, 2015 06:34 AM

Yes, it looks to me that an external script run as a cron as you describe is the only solution. Maybe a CA expert can confirm ?

• 6.  Re: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted Apr 26, 2019 12:34 AM

Have you got script created for the requirements you had? If so, can you please share as I have the similar requirements? 

• 7.  Re: Watch - totals of all instances

Posted May 22, 2015 09:16 AM

I'd like to do similar.

I have an external attribute (Integer) with x instances and I'd like to count number of instances where a certain condition (equals 0) is given. If this count equals or is lower than 2 it should evaluate as TRUE for creating an event. Is this possible with a Watch only or do I need to do this outside a watch ? script?