CA Service Management

• 1.  Tip: Inactive Tenants in Tenant Groups gives Tenant_Monitor Error

Posted Dec 16, 2013 09:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

A quick tip on the following error:

12/16 10:44:02.67 MY_SERVER     boplgin              5884 ERROR        bplaccess.c           
    6414 Can't find tenant U'E44300000CA6AD4D905D799A48E66666' used by session 
    2043449666 in Tenant_Monitor - tenant not added to tenant list for the session

This was encountered flooding the \log\stdlogs on a Service Desk Manager 12.7 site with a large number of tenants (100+).

The cause was identified as there being "Inactive Tenants" within the "Tenant Groups."

I haven't chased down the trigger which causes this to write out to the stdlog, but removing the Inactive Tenants from the Groups addressed the issue.

The "ERROR" is harmless, and in my view could be rated just as well at the "SIGNIFICANT" level. On most sites, there will probably be relatively few Inactive Tenants within Groups. (Not so at this site - different use cases for different sites!)

If anyone wishes to take this further - perhaps by logging an "Idea" along the lines of displaying In/Active Status for Tenants within the Tenant Group detail/list, please go ahead and link back to this post.

Incidentally, I believe that this error was always paired with the above (based off one logset review only):

12/16 10:44:02.64 MY_SERVER     boplgin              5884 ERROR        bplaccess.c           
    3163 AHD04013:Internal error in method (got_contact_domset): 
    AHD03049:Bad input parameter

Okay, so not the most general tip, but putting the information out there as someone will search on it one day. Post here if you do!

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 2.  RE: Tip: Inactive Tenants in Tenant Groups gives Tenant_Monitor Error

Posted Dec 20, 2013 04:46 PM
    Kyle_R:

Hi Everyone,

A quick tip on the following error:

12/16 10:44:02.67 MY_SERVER     boplgin              5884 ERROR        bplaccess.c           
    6414 Can't find tenant U'E44300000CA6AD4D905D799A48E66666' used by session 
    2043449666 in Tenant_Monitor - tenant not added to tenant list for the session

This was encountered flooding the \log\stdlogs on a Service Desk Manager 12.7 site with a large number of tenants (100+).

The cause was identified as there being "Inactive Tenants" within the "Tenant Groups."

I haven't chased down the trigger which causes this to write out to the stdlog, but removing the Inactive Tenants from the Groups addressed the issue.

The "ERROR" is harmless, and in my view could be rated just as well at the "SIGNIFICANT" level. On most sites, there will probably be relatively few Inactive Tenants within Groups. (Not so at this site - different use cases for different sites!)

If anyone wishes to take this further - perhaps by logging an "Idea" along the lines of displaying In/Active Status for Tenants within the Tenant Group detail/list, please go ahead and link back to this post.

Incidentally, I believe that this error was always paired with the above (based off one logset review only):

12/16 10:44:02.64 MY_SERVER     boplgin              5884 ERROR        bplaccess.c           
    3163 AHD04013:Internal error in method (got_contact_domset): 
    AHD03049:Bad input parameter

Okay, so not the most general tip, but putting the information out there as someone will search on it one day. Post here if you do!

Thanks, Kyle_R.

Thanks for the tip Kyle!  Happy Holidays!

• 3.  Re: RE: Tip: Inactive Tenants in Tenant Groups gives Tenant_Monitor Error

Posted Feb 24, 2015 08:13 AM

Hi there

I've been noticing the below error in our logs, anyone any idea why? They tend to fill the logs when they do occur. I do not get the tenant error, only the below error:

02/24 11:31:09.16 server   boplgin             32588 ERROR        bplaccess.c           3327 AHD04013:Internal error in method (got_contact_domset): AHD03049:Bad input parameter

Regards,

Jo-Ann !

• 4.  Re: Tip: Inactive Tenants in Tenant Groups gives Tenant_Monitor Error

Posted Feb 24, 2015 06:57 PM

Hello Jo-Ann,

You've got a different situation to the subject of this thread of "Tenant_Monitor."

The "AHD03049" error often has a primary error that shows before. If so, put it to a new thread and cross-link to this one. If no error at standard log levels, then increase the Service Desk Manager logging. CA Support can help in this area.

If this is on a test system, then you can use to turn on:

pdm_logstat -a verbose

and to turn off:

pdm_logstat -a

Don't do this on a production system, as it writes everything and more targeted logging is needed.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: Tip: Inactive Tenants in Tenant Groups gives Tenant_Monitor Error

Posted Feb 26, 2015 04:20 AM

Thanks Kyle