Release Automation

• 1.  Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Posted Dec 18, 2013 03:54 PM
    When copying files to a remote location, you should always make sure that the files were copied in their entirety. 

Using the Nolio Action Get File Checksum, you can generate a checksum for the file before and after the copy, and then compare the before and after checksums to ensure that no corruption has occurred.

• 2.  Re: Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 05:53 AM

If the fie is copied in a remote location, then we cannot use "Compare checksum action". We have manually compare the two checksum strings with a "Compare string action."

• 3.  Re: Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2014 10:38 AM

Prasanth you are correct in your point. If you are copying file to a remote repository/share location which is not having agent manual compare is the only option.

In case if the file copied on server having an agent you can design to use action "Get File Checksum" store that in a variable and then compare it with checksum of file at source location.

• 4.  Re: Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Posted Oct 17, 2014 12:04 PM

• 5.  Re: Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Posted Oct 24, 2014 04:48 AM

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks for pointing out the "Get File Checksum" action.

Bye,

Prasanth Sinha.

• 6.  Re: Nolio Official KB: How can I verify that files were copied correctly?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 05:17 AM

My Pleasure Prasanth