DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 19, 2013 09:55 AM

Hello all, does anyone know of a way to copy a view/graph or an error message to the clipboard when using WebView 9.5? It can be done easily with the workstation, but WebView seems to lack that facility, unless I am missing something ?  We use it widely to exchange information with app. developers and I wonder if we are going to be stuck doing screenshots only. Even at that, some error messages can't be viewed completely in a single screen...

Thanks,

Bruno

• 2.  RE: Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 19, 2013 03:19 PM

Hi Bruno,

Regarding copying the graph, I have been using ver 9.1.6 and i see there's an option for the graph. (not sure about error message )

When you scroll over your mouse to the graph, you will find an icon on the top right corner. Clicking on it will expand the graph to somewhat semi-full screen. You will get an option for copying the graph by right clicking on it.

Please check and confirm.

Regards,
    Vaibhav

• 3.  RE: Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 20, 2013 07:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Vaibhav, I don't see any icon when hovering the mouse over the graph. I tried in console and in investigator an I don't see the any icon in the top right corner. When I right-click on the image, I get the standard IE options which are no help in this case. Could it be "IE" related ? I tried IE8 and IE9. I am attaching a screenshot of a console view and an investigator graph as I see them. Maybe you'll notice something I am missing.

Thanks and regards,

Bruno

Attachment(s)

docx
    WebView.docx   514 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 20, 2013 11:47 AM

make sure that you are NOT running a compatibilty view for the IE. I'm running APM 9.5 as well. Other than that as Vibhav mentioend above, you should be able to copy directly from the webview as usual. I send snapshot to individuals all the time.

David

• 5.  RE: Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 20, 2013 12:26 PM

Hi David,

I am NOT in compatibility mode. As a matter of fact, you "cannot" run WebView in compatibility mode without constanttly getting big red warning messages if you try.

Regards,

Bruno

• 6.  RE: Copying to clipboard from WebView

Posted Dec 20, 2013 01:21 PM

Bruno,

you are right. for a moment I had forgotten that. My apologies. I have been recording some applications using compantibity / non-compatibity views of browsers (both IE and Friefox)and have not changed the setting lately. Good luck! it would be great to know what's causing your issue.

David

• 7.  Re: Copying to clipboard from WebView
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 15, 2015 06:06 PM

Closing discussion.

If this is still relevant, please open a new discussion or open a ticket with CSO.