Alan Baugher

CA Wily Tools for Siteminder - Performance and Historical Monitoring

Discussion created by Alan Baugher Employee on Dec 23, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2014 by Alan Baugher

Hello All,

While on flight back from visiting clients, I was able to engage in a lengthy discussion of the benefits of CA APM and CA Wily tools for SiteMinder with a "captured" APM architect.

The benefits were powerful, but from a client/service vewpoint of effort for deployment for long-term or short term usage, was a question that I wanted to dive into deeper.

I wanted to explore how reasonable it was for a non-APM resource to deploy the function/feature set of CA APM/CA Wily tools for SM to assist with provided an addtional option to help resolve any performance or unknown root cause issue with CA SiteMinder; as well as understand the complete value the solution brings.   If you are aware of CA SM One-View; you can think of CA Wily as it's big brother with a large family (CA APM).    

I have updated an existing deck that outlines the "what" and "why" with a lab example of "how".

I used one image with both CA SMPS and CAWA with Apache.   This is not a typically deployment, but it is simplictic to setup for client training and/or development.

I have also enclosed notes with the architecture deployed used, any knowlege challenges and how they were addressed, as well as creating a sample startup script for all four (4) processes of CA Wily and it's CA APM centralized EM server.

Cheers

Outcomes