DX NetOps

• 1.  CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 07, 2014 07:35 AM

Good day,

I am running ADA 9.2.40 with 3 Aggregators, 1 Gigastor and 1 collector. I have just re-installed ADA and need to assign the aggregators to ADA but they fail with invalid License status. On the ADA and aggregators, 'CA ADA Monitor service' is failing to start. I am new to NetQoS suite, only familiar with RA, please help.

Regards

Morongwa

• 2.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 07, 2014 10:15 AM

Did you put the .lic files in the proper directory?  If not, you need to do so before the software will recognize the license.  If you don't have the .lic files, a quick call to CA support should get you the license files you need (with instructions on where to put them so the software recognizes them).

• 3.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 08, 2014 01:14 AM

Hi Stuart,

Yes I have the license from CA and have already put it in the 2 license directories. I have even asked CA to send me a new license but I still get "Invalid License" even after restarting services.

• 4.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 08, 2014 01:27 AM

One other thing that is not making sense to me, on the Master console and on all 3 aggregators, "CA ADA Monitor" service is failing to start.

• 5.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 08, 2014 09:50 AM

The service not starting on the master is likely due to the license not being found.  The aggregators don't require a license on themselves, they're licensed indirectly through the master.

2 license directories?  They're only required in one place.  Depending on your version that one place may be different than in other versions.

Have you rebooted to make sure everything gets restarted?  Have you opened the ADA web page from the master console itself?  RDP into the master console and open http://localhost and see what you get.

• 6.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start

Posted Jan 09, 2014 01:50 AM

Hi stuart,

Thanks for your response.

I am using ADA 9.2.40

I read on the guide that I need to add thelicense key under the 2 license directories:

To add a software-based license key

1. Copy the software-based license key from CA Support to either of the following locations on the

SuperAgent computer:

D:\NetQoS\licenses

%windir%\NetQoS\licenses. For example, if Windows is installed in C:\Windows, the folder would be

named C:\Windows\NetQoS\licenses

The server was rebooted after the installation. I am getting SSO login error when we open the web page from the master console, I log in through the NPC.

• 7.  RE: CA ADA Monitor Stops after start
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2014 06:19 AM

Thanks Stuart for all your help, the License issue has been resolved.

The problem was on the date format, it was generated with a different date format our server used. Once we changed the date format on the server, the problem cleared.

Regards

Morongwa