Clarity

• 1.  Upgrade from 13.0 to 13.2

Posted Jan 09, 2014 06:12 PM

Hello,

My organization is currently using Clarity PPM 13.0.0.7 and we are planning on upgrading to a newer version.  I’m trying to put together a business case for a new project to upgrade and other than additional functionality, for those who have upgraded to 13.2, have you noticed a significant increase in performance when upgrading?  I know there are other factors such as hardware, OS, and database that affect performance but if all things were the same, would it improve?

Thanks for your help,

Christina

• 2.  RE: Upgrade from 13.0 to 13.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2014 01:03 PM

Hi Christina,

I wouldn't say 13.0 to 13.2 would be a performance issue, yes as said you need to have the right sizing for 13.2 and the most necessary things is to have proper maintaince of the database like if you are using oracle make sure you recompile all the database objects, run the table analyze job, make sure oracle is set to automatic memory management and tablespace set to autoextend. 

Also make sure the init parameters are set which ar documented in the installation guide. The best part of 13.2 is the portfolio is completely rewritten and performance is way much better.

And ad 13.3 is already out in market i could say you plan for 13.3 as problems like out of memory and xog issues are taken care in this version. Incase you would want your sizing to be done by CA please have a discussion with your account management team and they will help you with the sizing required for 13.2 or 13.3.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  RE: Upgrade from 13.0 to 13.2

Posted Jan 15, 2014 09:51 AM

Christina,

I concur with Suman. You should look into sizing and plan to go to 13.3 vs 13.2.