Clarity

• 1.  Exporting Task list to Excel, cannot click generated hyperlinks in XLS file

Posted Jan 23, 2014 02:24 PM

I found a couple of similar posts but they were not completely related. When we export a list to Excel (specifically in this case, the Task list of a project), the Task name column values are links to their respective Task. Problem is that when they are clicked the # in the URL is converted by Excel to "%20-%20" which generates an error within clarity "Error 404 - Not Found. The URL can manually be corrected in the address box but that is cumbersome to do repeatedly. The requested document does not exist on this server. The document may have moved, been renamed, or be temporarily unavailable. Try retyping the URL or click the Back button and try another link."

According to MS the # symbol is not supported in Office applications for hyperlinks although it is a perfectly valid character. Has anyone else encountered this issue and come up with a workaround?

• 2.  RE: Exporting Task list to Excel, cannot click generated hyperlinks in XLS

Posted Jun 05, 2014 02:02 PM

We've just upgraded to v13.3 and are now experiencing this problem. It only happens on some workstations and not all. It doesn't seem to matter which portlet is exported, the error occurs or doesn't depending on the desktop. Were you able to discover what was causing the issue?

• 3.  RE: Exporting Task list to Excel, cannot click generated hyperlinks in XLS

Posted Jun 05, 2014 02:07 PM

No, as you mentioned its inconsistent. For many folks that it no longer works for, it USED to work, but we have made no changes to our Clarity environment. It seems like some Office patch that was pushed out may have been the culprit and "broke" this functionality that apparently was never supposed to work according to the MS docs.

• 4.  Re: Exporting Task list to Excel, cannot click generated hyperlinks in XLS file

Posted May 21, 2015 09:13 AM

Hi,

There is a workaround for this issue.

It can happen in many combinations of versions - Office 2010 + IE10, Office 2013+IE11 etc.

I tried a solution that I saw in Microsoft site - it worked for me.

The solution is to go to registry --> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.htm and change the default to other value than: htmlfile. For example: IEhtml.

Hers is a link for the post in Microsoft Community -

Word 2013 hyperlink converting # to %20-%20 - Microsoft Community