AnsweredAssumed Answered

EPAgent PerfmonCollector

Question asked by r_conatser on Jan 24, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 24, 2014 by Jose-Javier-Sanchez
Branched to a new discussion

I'm running on a WIndows 2008R2 Server (64-bit)

When I try to run EPAgent with the PerfmonCollector.exe as stateful plugin, I'm not seeing all the metrics I have configured. The 2 main groups, I'm not seeing is LogicalDisk and PhysicalDisk. There are not errors in the log that points to the issue.

Here is what I have configured in the epaperfmon.properties file:

Metric=\LogicalDisk(_Total)\% Free Space
Metric=\LogicalDisk(_Total)\Free Megabytes

Metric=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\% Disk Time
Metric=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg. Disk Queue Length
Metric=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg. Disk sec/Read
Metric=\PhysicalDisk(_Total)\Avg. Disk sec/Write

If I remove the "(_Total)" from the above, I see the metrics for both, LogicalDisk|_Total|* and PhysicalDisk|_Total|* in the workstation,  

Metric=\LogicalDisk\% Free Space
Metric=\LogicalDisk\Free Megabytes

Metric=\PhysicalDisk\% Disk Time
Metric=\PhysicalDisk\Avg. Disk Queue Length
Metric=\PhysicalDisk\Avg. Disk sec/Read
Metric=\PhysicalDisk\Avg. Disk sec/Write

but then I see errors in the IntroscopeEPA logs:

1/24/14 12:14:46 PM EST [ERROR] [EPAgent] Metric name from plugin 'Plugin PERFMON' is invalid: Metric_Name_Is_Badly_Formed[PerfMon|LogicalDisk|C|]
1/24/14 12:14:46 PM EST [ERROR] [EPAgent] Metric name from plugin 'Plugin PERFMON' is invalid: Metric_Name_Is_Badly_Formed[PerfMon|PhysicalDisk|0 C|]
1/24/14 12:14:46 PM EST [ERROR] [EPAgent] Metric name from plugin 'Plugin PERFMON' is invalid: Metric_Name_Is_Badly_Formed[PerfMon|LogicalDisk|C|]
1/24/14 12:14:46 PM EST [ERROR] [EPAgent] Metric name from plugin 'Plugin PERFMON' is invalid: Metric_Name_Is_Badly_Formed[PerfMon|PhysicalDisk|0 C|]

In the Perfmon monitor tool in Windows, I see the performance Monitor Properties for LogicalDisk as LogicalDisk(C:) not (C) and PhysicalDisk as PhysicalDisk(0 C:) and not () C).

Any suggestions.  Thanks in advice,

Robert

Outcomes