Clarity

• 1.  Timesheet Approved Time

Posted Jan 27, 2014 03:48 PM

Does Clarity keep a Timestamp of when the Timsheet was approved, even after it's been Posted?

In the PRTIMESHEET table, there is an PRAPPROVEDBY column and a PRMODTIME.  The PRMODTIME seems to get overwritten during Posting, so therefore this column does not work for us.  

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Juan

• 2.  RE: Timesheet Approved Time

Posted Jan 28, 2014 02:03 AM
    There is a CA Clarity Job by the name of Post Timesheets (job name not very sure), which may be an internally created Job by the CA Clarity users of your firm or otherwise, that runs after some minutes every time the Timesheet Status changes to Posted from Approved. You will need to find out that time, which should possibly be in minutes. So, for example, if the Timesheet Status changes from Approved to Posted every 33 minutes, then you can develop a SQL code (i.e. Posted Time - the Number of Minutes taken for the Timesheet to get Posted from Approved). This will give you the time when the Timesheets got Approved.

• 3.  RE: Timesheet Approved Time

• 4.  RE: Timesheet Approved Time

Posted Jan 29, 2014 04:17 AM

I don't believe the approval timestamp is stored permanently anywhere. (please correct me if I am wrong I will be very happy)

I imagine it's possible to set up some sort of process that upon approval copies PRMODTIME into a table along with timesheet id (or anything else you need for easy reporting)

there is an idea raised to have all steps timestamped (submittion, approval, posting)

• 5.  RE: Timesheet Approved Time

Posted Jan 29, 2014 04:51 AM
    am1:

I don't believe the approval timestamp is stored permanently anywhere.

Unfortunatley I believe you are right. crying

So everyone please upvote that idea - or even better upvote the idea that says "make timesheet a studio object" which is "under review" (but has no comments form any CA product staff on it) - since if timesheet were an object, we could audit the fields on it (like "status").