IT Process Automation

• 1.  Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2014 06:22 AM
      |   view attached

I have created a Process of single level Hierarchy . Below are the steps which Included into the process

1. When a Request loggged from the CA Service Desk with category, then IT PAM Process will be initiated. As IT PAM Process is linked with Request category

2." Select Object" Operator will fetch the request id, requested by, status information from ca service desk and after that Assignee wil be set

3. Once assignee will be set there is a task which needs to be fulfill by Manage

4. Manager has 3 options which Include A) Approve B) Reject C) More Information required

5. Upon "More information required" the process link to status update

Now my question is that what operator and parameters I have to pass so that when Process in on status "Awaiting End User Response" updated by PAM, then once End User change status from CA Service Desk and CA Service Desk status now changed to say " Back from End User". At this point how PAM status will be updated ?

I hope my qustion will be clear.

I am enclosing the snapshot of PAM Process. the are under red mark need to be push for fetching status from CA Service Desk 

Looking forward for your urgent response

• 2.  RE: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Feb 25, 2014 01:20 AM
    tremo01:

I have created a Process of single level Hierarchy . Below are the steps which Included into the process

1. When a Request loggged from the CA Service Desk with category, then IT PAM Process will be initiated. As IT PAM Process is linked with Request category

2." Select Object" Operator will fetch the request id, requested by, status information from ca service desk and after that Assignee wil be set

3. Once assignee will be set there is a task which needs to be fulfill by Manage

4. Manager has 3 options which Include A) Approve B) Reject C) More Information required

5. Upon "More information required" the process link to status update

Now my question is that what operator and parameters I have to pass so that when Process in on status "Awaiting End User Response" updated by PAM, then once End User change status from CA Service Desk and CA Service Desk status now changed to say " Back from End User". At this point how PAM status will be updated ?

I hope my qustion will be clear.

I am enclosing the snapshot of PAM Process. the are under red mark need to be push for fetching status from CA Service Desk 

Looking forward for your urgent response

Hi there,

i am using Select Object operator to get information and then use that in evaluate expression operator, for example

there is a request and u want to get status by using Select Object operator u use, status and in post execution script make it a variable like :

Process.Status2 = myAttributes[0].AttrValue[0].text_;
    then use Process.Status2!=0 in expression or Process.Status == "your status"

also you have to make both operators run parellel so us OR and AND instead of Loop.

• 3.  RE: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Feb 25, 2014 09:15 PM

You can get information in a couple of ways:

1) Polling - loop an operator similar to what you are already doing
    2) Events - have SDM send an event on change.  

Polling is more "expensive" on the system but easier to implement.  

If you are polling, then you need a loop.  You have two choices for loops:

1) Loop operator - this is what you are using below.  It's only needed when you have multiple operators you want to loop.
    2) Built-in loop - each operator has a built in loop under the Execution Settings.  This is what you want to use when you need to loop just a single operator, which is what you are trying to do.

Either loop supports a "loop count".  I put that in quotes because it is misleading.  It can be a count (like a hardcoded number or an integer type variable) but it can also be a boolean condition.  If you do a boolean condition, the loop will continue as long as the condition is true.  So what you want here is to read the status from SDM and set your loop condition to check if it is equal to "Awaiting End User Response".  As long as it is, it will check again.  Once it is no longer "Awaiting End User Response", then the loop will end and the process will move on.

Make sure to set the "Delay between iterations" to a reasonable number...you don't want to check the status every second and use up processing for that both on the PAM and SDM sides.

• 4.  RE: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2014 07:29 AM

Thanks Tom,

Can you let me know how I can achieve this. As Once manager click upon "More Information Required" then status is set to  " Awaiting End user Response".

once the  status is set to  "Back frm End user response " in CA SDM then what parameters I have to pass in "Select Object" operator to check and track until PAM wil not get the status " Back from end user response:"

Moreover you are saying the second method of Event trigger from Service Desk. Can you let me know what steps I have to follow to achieve that ?

Looking forward for your response

• 5.  [PAM - General Discussion] RE: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PA

Posted Feb 27, 2014 10:09 AM
    I think all you care about is the status of the ticket. So the Select Object operator should just get the status field of the ticket and the loop condition should compare that with the status you want.

The event based version is a more detailed discussion that I will have to share at a later time.

• 6.  Re: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Jun 14, 2016 10:32 AM

I am doing something very similar but am running into issues where PAM is stalling after I check the status of things after a few iterations of the polling loop. It stalls at various points. Is there something I should be doing as far as cleanup inside the loop?

Best Regards,

Joel-

• 7.  Re: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Jun 14, 2016 09:40 PM

What do you mean by 'PAM is stalling'?  Does an operator fail?  What errors do you see?

Regards,

James

• 8.  Re: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Jun 15, 2016 08:08 AM

No errors no failures it just stops in its tracks, wing's the processor and begins to page file pretty hard. Now we were able to talk to our hardware folks and had our ram increased on the development server (4 gigs now), even still though it will chew up resources.

The workflow is a situation where I have a loop setup for polling a request ticket. As my process reaches it's end it hits a 2nd loop where the request reporter is required to review the solution and provide feedback via an IRF. This is contained within a loop since the review process may kick the request back to the developer for further work. As soon as the process reaches the 2nd loop it just stalls. No failure, no error, it just stops, everything on the server slows down to a crawl and even attempting to abort the workflow takes a long time. The first loop contains a sub process that is launched which is just the workflow that organizes my polling and xpath procedure to expose the properties of the request more efficiently. I have found that If I run it as inline the workflow runs fine; no stalling, if I run it as attached, it stalls and starts gobbling up resources.

Thanks Again!

• 9.  Re: RE: Fetching CA Service Desk Status to update PAM Process

Posted Jan 27, 2015 03:55 AM

Hi,

Can you share the configuration you used to fetch data initially from SDM. I am having issues in select_request operator.

Thanks in advance.

Kasun