Clarity

• 1.  13.2 Restore Fails

Posted Feb 17, 2014 10:44 AM
      |   view attached

Hi folks.

I have a failed 13.2 --> 13.3 upgrade in a sandbox. No worries, for as per my usual routine I ran a backup of my 13.2 installation before my upgrade attempt with the admin backup command - let's restore!

I removed all servcies, my DBA team has restored my database and I've rolled back to 13.2's JVM & tomcat.

1) When I execute the admin restore command, the build fails with "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/saxon/sort/Sortable" error (attached). The Sortable.class is in the saxon.jar in the %NIKU_HOME%/lib folder. Is the retore failing to pickup the classpath properly? Anyone seen this before and/or have a quick idea of something I've missed? (I've tried this with 13.2's and 13.3s JDK - same error each time.)

2) As a second question why bother with using the admin backup utility? What does it add? Why not just remove all services and copy the clarity folder? Right now, it's not a value add when I've put all my eggs in that basket and the basket fails to execute.

Attachment(s)

txt
    restore_fails.txt   2 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: 13.2 Restore Fails
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2014 11:59 AM

Got it.

1) Drop saxon.jar into the %backup_folder%/tools/lib.

2) Update the loadFile variable in the restore.xml ant buildfile to point to "tools/version.properties" (it's hard coded to "clarity/version.properties" - no such path exists on our systems. I'd reccomend a ${backup.dir} variable and use of "${backup.dir}/tools/version.properties" in the buildfile).

3) admin restore

Everything is up and running. Capturing this here for the next forum traveller.