DX NetOps

• 1.  Including additional info in Event Message

Posted Feb 19, 2014 08:28 AM

Hi all,

I hope you can help me on this.

I'm monitoring status of gateways on Cisco UCM with watches. But in event message I wan't to include also description of a gateway from UCM, because snmp index instance is not saying anything to customer what gateway is unregistered.

For example, like in Spectrum default message for memory we see not just instance numbner, but also the name of the memory in Event Message

The utilization of 86% for memory instance 4 named 'Memory: Physical Memory' has exceeded the 85% threshold on model NB250029 for more than the acceptable time period

Is this possible? I am aware of Event Tables but this is not dynamically, because here the description must be polled for certain snmp indeks when failure occurs.

Thank you!

Ivana

• 2.  RE: Including additional info in Event Message

Posted Feb 19, 2014 11:57 AM

Mate,

Can you post the current event message happening for the gateway alerts?

Alternaltey you can try mapping the SNMP index with custom description in the event tables.

Regards

Kalyan

• 3.  RE: Including additional info in Event Message

Posted Feb 27, 2014 10:05 AM

Hi,

I've tried with EventTables but it seems to me that mapping string value from trap attribute is not supported, just oid, integer..

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Ivana (not mate :))

• 4.  RE: Including additional info in Event Message
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2014 10:20 AM

Ivana,

You should be able to do this with an Event Procedure. When a SpectroWatch is violated, it passes 20 variables to the event. One of those variables (variable 8) is the instance value. You can then pass that information to the event generated from the watch and use it in an Event Procedure to extract a value of an attribute from the same table.

The following is an example:

# This event, which should be activated by an

# instance watch (which has the instance OID

# in varbind 8) will generate a new event,

# which has the value of extOutPut (0x3d00a5),

# using the same instance as the violated watch

# instance, in varbind 20

0x0f320001 E 50 P " \

CreateEventWithAttributes( \

{ C CURRENT_MODEL }, \

{ H 0x0f320002 }, \

SetEventAttribute( \

GetEventAttributeList(), \

{ U 20 }, \

ReadAttributeInstance( \

{ C CURRENT_MODEL }, \

{ H 0x3d00a5 }, \

GetEventAttribute( { U 8 } ))))"

0x0f320002 E 50

Regards,

Joe

• 5.  Re: Including additional info in Event Message

Posted Jul 21, 2014 07:23 AM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for info, it is working. Now I am trying to add more then one attribute in event message. This is my procedure:

0xffff0002 E 50 P “\

CreateEventWithAttribute(\

{C CURRENT_MODEL},\

{H 0xffff0003},\

SetEventAttribute(\

SetEventAttribute(\

GetEventAttributeList(),\

{U 111},\

ReadAttributeInstance (\

{C CURRENT_MODEL},\

{H 0x100c5}

, GetEventAttribute( { U 8 } )\

),\

{U 112},\

ReadAttributeInstance (\

{C CURRENT_MODEL},\

{H 0x11f60}\

, GetEventAttribute( { U 8 } ))\

)\

)\

)”0xfff00003 E 50 A 1,0xfff00003,8

But it's not working. Can you please check where could be the problem? I am not familiar with procedures, and they are poorly documented, so I am a bit of lost here.

This is what I get in error log:

Error: parse failed: syntax error. Parsing failed at position 0, the unparsed remainder is "".

Error: parse failed: Procedure parsing failure

Procedure did not parse successfully (error reason: Procedure parsing failure) for event 0xffff0002 on line 1 of event disposition file ../custom/Events/Custom/EventDisp

0xffff0002 E 50 P “                 CreateEventWithAttribute(                  {C CURRENT_MODEL},                  {H 0xffff0003},                  SetEventAttribute(                    SetEventAttribute(                      GetEventAttributeList(),                      {U 111},                      ReadAttributeInstance (                        {C CURRENT_MODEL},                        {H 0x100c5}

No valid event code at start of line 2 of event disposition file ../custom/Events/Custom/EventDisp

, GetEventAttribute( { U 8 } )                      ),                      {U 112},                      ReadAttribute (                        {C CURRENT_MODEL},                        {H 0x11f60}                      , GetEventAttribute( { U 8 } ))                    )                  )                )”0xfff00003 E 50 A 1,0xfff00003,8

Thank you,

Ivana