cak

IDMS with Informatica - and Journal Questions

Discussion created by cak on Feb 21, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2014 by dilda02

Hi All.

If anyone has experience with Informatica and IDMS together could they please contact me or at least post here? 

Honestly I don't know if it is a particular person I am getting intomation from or  an Informatica issue - but I am getting information that does not look good. 

I am looking at 2 types of processing, an initial load copying IDMS into an Oracle data store, and then possiblly using the Informatica change data capture.  

I am concerned about horrible performance    ( am NOT talking about IDMS, I am talking about an Informatica process)

In the one example, it takes 1.8 times longer to process changes from the logger/journal - than clock/elapsed time that the journals covered.  For example it would take 106 minutes to process 60 minutes (of transactions) in the journal.

I am also curious whether Informatica knows - from the journals and before a Call Prog is executed -  whether a transaction is a STORE, MODIFY or ERASE.  

Also how are CONNECT and DISCONNECT represented in the Journal and by Informatica. 

Thanks so much. 

If anyone would care to contact me to share any information - I can be emailed at CAK  at   ASK-CONSULTING.ORG

TIA, Cindy

Outcomes