Clarity

• 1.  Project status link to progress field

Posted Feb 27, 2014 04:33 PM

Does anyone have a document or process flow that details how status is affected by progress?

• 2.  RE: Project status link to progress field

Posted Feb 28, 2014 03:53 PM

If you are talking about these two fields they seem to be user selectable lookups and not related to each other. That is what ever i choose in one I can choose any value in the second.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Project status link to progress field

Posted Feb 28, 2014 04:14 PM

They actually are connected. That is why I would like a process or state chart flow of how it works. Basically, when you set the progress to Started, the status then changes. Take a look at a Not Started Progress and compare it to the Started Progress in the Status field. You will see the drop list change. The question I have is that when the status changes in the status field are there any other behaviors that are enabled in the rest of the project?

For example, if I put the project "On Hold", do the team allocations get set to zero? I don't think so but I'd like a document that explains the behavior.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Project status link to progress field

Posted Feb 28, 2014 04:31 PM

This is from v.13.3

What is your version?

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: Project status link to progress field

Posted Feb 28, 2014 04:49 PM

Interesting behavior. We've had this behavior with status and progress since v12.1. We are now on 13.2. There has been no change, as far as i know. Here is some text on what I know. I hope it makes sense...

The Project Status field uses the system-restricted lookup 'Investment Object State'. The 'Investment Object State' Lookup has six values defined:

'Approved', 'Cancelled', 'On Hold', 'Rejected', 'Resumed', 'Unapproved'.

In Clarity 8.x, the 'Investment Object State' lookup has 3 additional lookup values defined: 'Converted', 'Incomplete', and 'Submitted for Approval'. These lookup values are used for the Idea Object and only appear on Idea instance records.

There is logic built into Clarity that controls which values are available.

This logic is based on the values in the Status field, the Progress Field, and the date fields in the Project Investment.

When the project is created, it is given a default status of 'Unapproved'.

If a project is Unapproved, the end-user can change it to 'Approved' or 'Rejected'.

If a project is 'Approved' and has a Progress of 'Not Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Unapproved' or 'Rejected'.

If a project, without a simple budget, is 'Approved' and has a Progress of 'Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Unapproved' or to 'Canceled'.

If a project is 'Cancelled' and has a Progress of 'Started', then the status can only be changed back to 'Approved' or to 'Resumed'.

A project, with a simple budget, can only be changed to 'On Hold' if it has a Progress of 'Started' and the current date falls between the Budgeted Cost Start date and the Budgeted Cost Finish date. As of Clarity 8.0, "On Hold" is not available unless the project status is approved. You will need to change the status to "approved" prior to selecting "On Hold".

My question revolves around the concept of the Simple vs. Regular budget. That seems to change the states that are available. All I want is some documentation that informs me of how this behaves in the system. Are there other affects, for example, when I place a project on hold?

• 6.  RE: Project status link to progress field

• 7.  Re: Project status link to progress field

Posted Aug 20, 2014 12:17 PM
      |   view attached

Attached might help you.

Attachment(s)