So when one of the companies with wich I worked upgraded to 13.2 there was of course a large effort around updating reports and portlets to use the new Portfolio tables.
Unfortuntey I missed an important detail when it came to portfolios that were manually populated. That is, portfolios that didn't use a filter to determine the contents.
Up until I discovered this I had been operating under the impression that the table's were swapped out on a 1 to 1 basis. With PFM_PORTFOLIOS replacing PMA_PORTFOLIOS ad PFM_INVESTMENTS replacing PMA_PORTFOLIO_CONTENTS
What I discovered was that investments that have been manually added are stored in a different table. One named PFM_PINNED_INVESTMENTS.
In order to update the queries with minimum effort I created a virtual portfolio table to replace the PMA_PORTFOLIO_CONTENTS
My virtual table looked like this
Select portflio_id, investment_id from pfm_investments
Select portfolio_id, investment_id from pfm_pinned_invesments