AnsweredAssumed Answered

Drill Down Portlet with Filter

Question asked by gursa03 Employee on Mar 19, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 by Chris Wuenstel

Hello All,

I have parent and a child portletparent is drilled down to child when i click on a column in parent.

My requirement is to have filters in child as well.User should be able to filter child portlet individually and also after drilled down from parent.

For example:

Scenario 1: I Clicked on a column in parent and drilled down to child(it has few records).Now again I want to filter child portlet with new filters excluding parent filters i.e like a normal Grid portlet.

Scenario 2: I go to the child portlet directly and should be able to filter.

When i go to the child portlet i see that the link parameter value in the URL is not null but appended with parameter source ID (portlet page link param).The URL appears to be as follows:

action:eri_rework_detail&frame_id=5012174&job_id=APT_CUST_5271657&managerid=APT_CUST_5271658&node_id=APT_CUST_5271659&obs=APT_CUST_5271660

&por_year=APT_CUST_5271661&program_name=APT_CUST_5271662

&rw_category=APT_CUST_5271664&technology=APT_CUST_5271665&template_type=APT_CUST_5271666&programtype=APT_CUST_5271663 

I am supposed to handle these two scenarios in the child portlet.

Child query is attached,

this is the code snippet where i'm handling the above 2 scenarios,but unable to filter the data :(

AND ((POUF.BRANCH_UNIT_ID=@where:param:xml:integer:/data/obs/@value@) --param obs is mandatory,passed from parent

OR (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:branch_unit_id@ is not null 

and POUF.BRANCH_UNIT_ID = @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:branch_unit_id@)--param of child portlet
OR
 (@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:branch_unit_id@ is not null --param from child
and @where:param:xml:integer:/data/obs/@value@ is not null --param from parent
and POUF.BRANCH_UNIT_ID = @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:branch_unit_id@ --when both params are given,the portlet should be filtered based on child filter criteria
)
)

Any ideas how to handle this ??

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

Outcomes