DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  RTAM doc

Posted Apr 01, 2014 11:35 AM
      |   view attached

Hey all,

I'm looking to set up the CEM-DefectPercent_avail_v9.js javascript calculator to calculate the availabilityfor CEM business transactions.  It looks like it is using metrics produced from calculators that are set up using an RTAM doc instructions.

Anyone know what RTAM stands for or where this document can be found?  I've searched the site and have not come up with anything at this point.

Any direction here is appreciated.

-Jim

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: RTAM doc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2014 01:47 PM

If you see that in the JS, it's a typo. It should be RTTM.

I posted that a while back after working on it for a customer.

• 3.  RE: RTAM doc

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2014 02:16 PM

The RTTM Agent was a FieldPack for v8 Introscope and CEM 4.5. That functionality was integrated into v9 Introscope. You'll find its functionality within the TIM Collection Service.

• 4.  RE: RTAM doc

Posted Apr 01, 2014 03:30 PM
    // This script takes RTTM and procedurally calculated metrics and calculate real time availability
    // for defined CEM business transactions.
    //NOTE: Refer to the RTAM doc for instructions on setting up calculators needed for this script to 
    // calculate availability percentage. 

Ah OK, makes sense why I couldn't find anything regarding RTAM.  If this functionality is in v9 introscope, do I need to create the calculators the comment is referring too, or are those calculators coming from the TIM collection service?  

I'm assuming I need to create them, as I've enabled this .js script to run but I am not getting the availability metric unless I've done something wrong.

• 5.  RE: RTAM doc
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 01, 2014 03:39 PM

You will need to create management module calculators to create the metrics first described in the calculator.

If you look at the JS comments, you will see that you need to create metrics for "Total Transactions" and "Total Availability Defects", which will then be used to calculate availability for the given Business Transaction. You could probably write a JS calc to do this also instead of a MM calc. I just don't have one available right now.

• 6.  RE: RTAM doc

Posted Apr 03, 2014 08:47 AM

Ah OK, makes sense now.  Thanks for the help here.