Is there an arg to suppress the languageCodes when doing a XOG read of an object?
Welcome to the club and sharing the pain.
The only thing I am aware of are the instructions in Sangeet's blog
Run it through a stylesheet.
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform">
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="utf-8" indent="yes"/>
<!-- Identity template : copy all text nodes, elements and attributes -->
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()" />
<!-- When matching nls: languageCode does not equal 'en' do nothing
<xsl:template match= "nls[not(@languageCode='en')]"/>
<!-- When matching nls do nothing -->
<xsl:template match= "nls"/>
There is a Command Line Transformation Utility here:
So after you xog out the file:
run msxsl.exe XogOutput.xml RemoveNls.xls -o CleanXogOutput.xml
That soundss simple, but it is run after the damage is done.
An option to prevent the to be read in the first plave would be easier.
I second an ERQ through ideation.
I am convinced that I have seen something, somewhere that said we could do this..... but I can't remember where or when or what it was!
(and I can't find it either - I have been searching!!! )
Keep on searching. I certainly would like to see it if you find it and even if you don't I am always interested in better ways of searching the messaage board posts.
Perhaps an easier option (ERQ) would be for CA to allow a selective install of language packs.
another_martink:Keep on searching......
Keep on searching......
Not by searching, but by chance, I just came across the comment that I had partially-remembered about suppressing languages in XOG....
betda05:....Also the nls_language argument will reduce the nls elements in views and pages (although an XSLT can remove these anyway).
in this thread ; TIP : Documenting your Configuration (via SQL)
But it obviously did not work when I tried it back then and the user "betda05" never explained themselves either!
(edited to correct link July2014)
You can also vote for this idea - Optional Language Packs
This will help us in stripping out all those unwanted NLS translations in the XOG output.
Just wondering again...
Has anybody tried where the suggestion by my skilled colleague PP
<args name="no_dependencies" value="true" />
<args name="nls_language" value="en" />
Wow!!! We tried the nls_language tag for a XOG read of a clarity process...It works, as now its not giving 20 similar lines just for the start step or for the process name and we just get one line as below : <nls languageCode="en" name="Start"/>
But we also had in the XOG output of the process a static lookup CAL_EVENT_PRIORITY with all the language descriptions for the lookup values.
Retrieving data ...