Clarity

• 1.  Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 12:14 PM
      |   view attached

Good Afternoon everyone,

Two part question if you could assist:

What are the priviledges that are granted to Collaboration Managers? i.e. discussion threads, update Team tab, etc. 

Do they have permission to assign tasks?  In my situation, I marked 5 people (the Manager by default) as a Collaboration Manager.  The Manager was able to assign tasks, however the others could not --- Do I have to grant additional permissions to allow them to do so?  Typically, they should see an "Assign" button, but in this case, all they see is a "Return" button.  See picture below.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 01:28 PM

The person on the Project Manager field has Project - Manager (Auto) access right automatically granted

You need to give others the below mentioned -

Project - Edit Assigned Tasks :- Allows user to edit Assigned Tasks on a specific Project.

NJ

• 3.  RE: Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 01:36 PM

I should not expect that. The Access Rights Reference Guide Release 13.3  says

Project - Discussion Manager (Auto)

Project

This right is automatically created for the user who creates a project. It makes the creator of the project the collaboration manager. The user can subsequently grant Collaboration Manager rights to additional resources or revoke this right by changing it to participant.

Project - Manager (Auto)

Project

The user who enables a project for management is automatically granted this right. In other words, the user becomes the Project Manager for the project. It allows user to view and edit the general and management properties of the project.

Project - Participant (Auto)

Project

A user assigned to a project as a project participant will automatically be assigned this right. The right allows the user access to Action Items, Project Calendar, Document Manager and Discussions.

Which does not make it that clear, but indicates that the rights of the collaboration manager are in the area of discussions, documents project calendar (though that is no longer in v13.3) and action items. The manager opposed to a participant has the rights to create and manage those areas. That is new folds for documents and new discussions etc.

Martti K.

• 4.  RE: Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 02:56 PM

Wish there was a magic button on the front end to grant this permission ("Project-Edit-Management")!  Imagine a large enterprise project with 10 workstreams and 20 PMs, will have to go to the backend and add instance by instance.  I suppose I can create a new group for this.

Thank you all

• 5.  RE: Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 03:12 PM
    hsieh_x:

Wish there was a magic button on the front end to grant this permission ("Project-Edit-Management")!  .....will have to go to the backend and add instance by instance.....

You don't have to do this in the "back-end". You can do this in the "front-end" using the "Access to this Project" functions within the project.  If you give your PM or PMOs the "Project Edit Access Rights" access then they can do this for themselves and it becomes a user-task not an administrator-task (this is all a functional decision for you to make though)

• 6.  RE: Collaboration Manager privileges

Posted Apr 10, 2014 03:16 PM

wow this very useful information - i haven't noticed this before! Thanks and will consider that