Hi everyone, I thought I might throw out a non-specific question to the group rather than my usual "something is broken" question.
I just finished my upgrade on my Development environment from 13.2 to 13.3 and was trying to think of a standard set of checkout tasks that I would run through before turning it over to the testers in my group. Way back in 2008 when I was at Clarity bootcamp, it seemed like there were a few items like running a health check, logging onto Clarity, saving a document and maybe running a process that were identified. Unfortunately, my notes from training have been lost.
So, here is my question, what is your checkout routine when you upgrade a Clarity environment?
Here is my list
- Run a healthcheck in NSA
- Look at the process engine in Clarity, Check the status and heartbeat.
- Resume a job (i.e. timeslice) and make sure it completes
- Check out any custom items (we have a job that reads our HR web server).
- Open the Project and Resource Portlets to make sure they are functioning and nothing has been added/dropped.
- Open my timesheet and add hours. Save and reopen.
- Check proceses to make sure errors aren't introduced to the logs
- Run a report
- I don't use Clarity document management, so I don't test that.
- Review the app and bg logs to see if any new errors/warning appear.
- I recently started watching my DB Connection Pool (in weblogic) to make sure they are released.
After this list checks out, I turn it over to my testers.