AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating virtual services using Pathfinder Agent for JDBC virtualization

Question asked by Sudhrity_M Employee on Apr 15, 2014
Latest reply on May 2, 2014 by JimCallaghan4454180

Team,

I am working on a POC at a customer to virtualize JDBC calls using Pathfinder agent on WAS 6.1. During recording phase I am able to capture multiple paths in Pathfinder that captures the jdbc transactions.  I can then pick a transaction path (that involves JDBC)  in Pathfinder Console and create a virtual service using the “Virtualize” option. The JDBC virtual service is functioning as expected. I can also list all the jdbc transactions paths using the Pathfinder filters. But I haven’t been able to find a way to create a single JDBC virtual service for all the transaction paths.

Is there an easy mechanism to select multiple Pathfinder JDBC transaction paths in Pathfinder console and create a single JDBC virtual service for all the jdbc calls in multiple Pathfinder transaction paths?

It is a pain to select each transaction path in Pathfinder and create a virtual service for that path and then later merge all the virtual services. This doesn’t demo well to the customer who is executing a single use case. I was wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Sudhrity

Outcomes