Clarity

• 1.  XOG Project as Converted from IDEA

Posted Apr 28, 2014 09:45 PM

Hi,

I want to xog projects which is converted from idea (idea_id <> null).

One option is convert project from idea and then use the project code in xml and xog the project details again but as number of projects is more I would like to avoid this choice.

Could you please help me in specifying tag to include idea_id in project write xml?

Regards,

Milind

• 2.  RE: XOG Project as Converted from IDEA

Posted Apr 29, 2014 01:28 PM

Its not clear to me what exactly you're trying ot accomplish here, but have you considered using the standard Idea to Project conversion via workflow? (action: Convert Idea to Project)

• 3.  RE: XOG Project as Converted from IDEA

Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:21 PM
    aditya-angrish:

Its not clear to me what exactly you're trying ot accomplish here, but have you considered using the standard Idea to Project conversion via workflow? (action: Convert Idea to Project)

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your reply, I am in process of data migration. I have to migrate more than 80 projects which are converted from 1 or many Ideas.Instead of mannually converting IDEA to Projects, I am thinking of xogging the projects.

I have created xog write xml for migrating projects but when I xog them,  IDEA_ID in INV_INVESTMENTS remains null, hence they appear as simple projects (not converted from IDEA). I want to know xml tag to specify IDEA_ID in project write xml so that when I xog project they will appear as project converted from Idea.